Sunday, January 10, 2016

new taste

Chewy here to tell you about my so called near death experience this weekend!

Mommy thought I needed the fur around my feet trimmed (something about them being dirt catchers or something).  I don't like fur trimming, fur brushing, fur washing....or anything else that messes with my 'natural' look.

Mommy was not listening to me, and proceeded to cut some fur anyway.

Well, I noticed the scissors smelled kinda interesting and stuck my nose toward them.

****snip***

Then mommy said, "Did I just cut your nose?"

What?!

Then, I start lots of nose licking, because there's a new interesting taste in my mouth.

Mommy says, "Oh no!  Did you stick your tongue in the scissors?"

Next thing I know, she's yanking my mouth open and gasping.

Geez....fur trimming, and now teeth inspection?  What did I do to deserve this?  And what is this taste in my mouth?  I can't seem to place it.

Well, mommy must've felt really bad about the fur trimming, because the next thing I know I'm being showered with treats.  The good kind!

Mommy and Daddy are standing over me, watching me eat everything.

Give me some space giant people!

Then they do something really stupid.  They put my treats in the water bowl!  The treats sank to the bottom.

No way am I sticking my whole face in the bowl to get those treats.  They ruined perfectly good treats.  Stupid, stupid humans.

Anyhoo.  Eventually, the shower of treats stopped, and Mommy put the scissors away.


Honestly, I'm not sure what the fuss was all about, but I'm glad I didn't have to go to the vet (on a SUNDAY!) and I'm glad I still have all my cute feet fur.  Pretty sure they'll never be trimmed again.

10 comments:

Collie222 said...

Oh no! We had something similar happen once, and it was VERY traumatic! (for me, not so much for the dog) I felt guilty all day, but my dog? She forgave me almost instantly, dogs are awesome that way!

Helen said...

Did you really cut his tongue? I use tiny little scissors better to get the hair between the pads. I doubt either of mine would think the scissors were interesting enough to sniff. I've cut toenails to the quick before so now I always do a white toe nail first so then I know how much I can cut on the black ones.

Sara said...

It was just a little nick. These were small scissors too. He moved in so fast, there was nothing I could do!

I make Jeff do the toenails...scares me to death.

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

Oh Chewy - that is an interesting way to get lots of treats. Mom taught us to lay on our side and be really still when she does our feet - I usually fall asleep when she does it now :)

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Chewy I dont think your mom is gonna win a dog mother of the year award. At least u got bonus treats out of it!

Unknown said...

Oh no! That sounds scary! I'm glad you'd got so many extra good treats!

Dawn said...

Oh Chewy...really...fur cutting is not such a bad thing...better than going to the GROOMER which is where Katie has to go to get her nails trimmed as she won't let anyone do them. She lets me trim her fur on her feet sort of, enough to look civilized...but mostly I make her go to the groomer for everything. You better be nice to your mama now....she feels bad and you know it didn't hurt you...so don't go playing it up.

Bailey said...

We just got back from the Spa on Saturday where we were bathed, brushed out and had our nails and paw pads done. We also get a clean up trim. You have just reinforced Mom's very real fears of why she sends us to have our paws and nails done. The bath is just her indulgence because we fight her so hard in the tub.

You have given Mom the real excuse she needs never to attempt this at home.

Caren Gittleman said...

oh my Chewy!!!!!!!! At least you got a ton of treats out of the whole ordeal!! That's why I don't groom Dakota at home! I'm not brave like your Mom! xoxoxo
DakotasDen

Diana said...

Oh my Chewy , be careful, you don't want to be called Scar Face.