Saturday, November 28, 2015

magic place

I wanted to get a lot of hiking in with the dogs this Thanksgiving weekend.  Wednesday, thursday, friday....perfect hiking weather!

On Saturday it was raining.

So we went to a magical place called Kinderhook Creek Preserve where, for some reason, it never rains. Every time I go there, it can be raining on our drive there and way home, but never at the preserve.  It must be our reward for having to hike up really, really steep cliffs.  I chose a new path today and it was even steeper.  Luckily I was going up, because the only way down would've been on my butt. Even the dogs struggled.  Don't think I'll ever take that trail again, unless I take some rock climbing lessons.

Despite the pre-winter bleakness, the creek never disappoints.


Chewy is being really careful on this rock, because on a previous trip he ended up taking a swim by mistake.

Here's the rock Mr. Chewy thought he could walk down to get a better sniff at the water:



And one second later, he was a wet dog.

3 comments:

Caren Gittleman said...

these photos are lovely!! I am so happy to see Oreo and Chewy again!
xoxo
DakotasDen

Dawn said...

I've missed seeing your boys! Shelties never forget so I'm sure Mr. C is being more observant now that he's older and wiser and once was younger and wetter. Silly boy. Glad he was OK, that would have scared me to see him fall in! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and that your kids back at school tomorrow are angelic.

Priscilla Phang said...

What a lovely place for hiking! It seems Mr. Chewy didn't learn the lesson from the past, lol! The water might be pretty cold though, poor boy!