Friday, May 22, 2015

five photos, day 3

I've walked past a tree that had fallen over the creek dozens of times.

For some reason, last weekend it really caught my eye.

Perhaps, it is because everything is now starting to leaf out?  All winter, I probably just assumed it was a dead tree across the creek.

It's hard to see in this cell phone photo, but this fallen tree is far from dead.   Leaves are still shooting up off the branches.


I feel like this tree should be on one of those inspirational posters with a corny caption:

"never give up" or "never stop reaching for the light" or  "keep hanging on".

The tree inspired my corny self.

The dogs were just hoping it would inspire me enough to reach in the treat bag.  It worked!

6 comments:

Rob said...

You weren't tempted to walk across it were you Sara?!

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

it is amazing sometime what angles trees can grow at - even if they have fallen down

Dawn said...

I would have been tempted to walk across it Rob. After all, what's a fallen tree across a stream but a bridge!

Cool tree Sara! It wasn't down last summer?

Caren Gittleman said...

absolutely gorgeous area. Love that the tree is down but still thriving....good advice for all of us!

Diana said...

Love your creek!!

Priscilla Phang said...

Isn't it wonderful how life can strive? Love how Oreo is staring at you/ your treat!