Sunday, May 17, 2015

five photos, day 1

Dawn has nominated me to do a five day 'photo with a story' challenge, where I have to post a photo and a story everyday for five days (I don't think it's going to happen 5 days in a row, but I will finish this challenge!).  I'm supposed to nominate people each day too, but since I have no idea who even reads my blog after such a long break, I'll skip that part.  Feel free to play along if you want to.

So here is story number 1:

I went to the local garden show in March, and was inspired by this outdoor "room" (basically a small deck with a roof).

Inside was a cozy daybed.  

You all know how I love my hammock and lounging around outside.  

Having a roof over my head and a daybed would mean I could do that even on rainy days!

Jeff shared my inspiration, and started building us one about a month ago. It's not a replica of this one.  Jeff wanted to include some elements he's seen on cool tiny houses.

When Jeff had the bare bones up, we put in some furniture to see how things would fit.  Since we weren't sure of the best size daybed to get - twin or full, we blew up the twin camp bed that we had in the basement to check out the size.

Well, Oreo assumed immediately that this was HIS new outdoor bed.

Now, Oreo won't get off the thing.

Yes Oreo, everything we do we do for you.  A cool, shady, soft spot to wile away a warm spring day.

Jeff put the finishing touches on the 'cabana' today.  Now, he can build a platform for the daybed.

Hopefully, Oreo likes it as much as this blow up one!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

This is wonderful! I hope you show us some pictures of what it looks like from the outside too. Is it screened in?

And OF COURSE it's all for Oreo!

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

We love Oreos new Cabana! Maybe he will let u Jeff and Chewy lay in it sometime. Maybe!

Sara said...

It's not screened in...yet! Jeff did put screen under the deck boards in case we ever decide to screen in the walls. It is open on three sides.

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

what a totally perfect spot - it is something we love in our new little home - the screened in porch - it is wonderful to sit out there smelling the jasmine hearing the birds and frogs.

Priscilla Phang said...

What a lovely spot for Oreo to hang around outside of the house! He does know what's best for him. :)

I love your little cool place: a perfect spot for enjoying the spring and summer.

Caren Gittleman said...

Oh that is too adorable!!!!
Oreo we LOVE YOU!

Rob said...

Oreo is thinking, 'now this is what I call a dog kennel'. He looks like a king sitting on a throne in his palace.