Saturday, January 3, 2015

ice land

I hope everyone's new year is off to a great start!

I've been on a glorious 12 day break from work, and my dogs have been out hiking everyday.  We had a week of really warm temps (even the ticks came back out to play), and then the past few days have been more like winter.

The creek at our favorite park is starting to form ice formations.  It looks really, really cool!



Chewy is fascinated by the ice, and pulls me to it.  Gives me a heart attack every time he gets close to the water, because he could so easily slip in, and I really don't want to have to jump in to save him.

Remember the rock he used to stand on during the summer drought?

Well last week, during the heat wave, it was under water:



Now it's surrounded by ice!
 He would totally head out to it if I let him.  Here he is pouting, because I reigned him in.

Oreo and I spend a lot of time standing around as Chewy stares at the ice and whines about not being able to walk to the edge.


It's a good thing we love him.
"well, love is a strong word, I'd go with tolerate!"

Back to reality on Monday, but I go back refreshed and serene, and I'm sure that feeling will last at least through fourth period!

One last thing.  Remember my dog yoga video?  Well, it won me a FREE yoga outfit!  Finally, all that trick training paid off.

7 comments:

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

well done winning the yoga outfit - and for being brave enough to go hiking when it is cold.

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Thats pawsome u won a yoga outfit thanks to your dogs.

It took Mommy a few minutes to realize your "iceland" reference was referring to the frozen lake. Gee our Mommy thought u went to the real Iceland on vacation or something. Our Mommys brain must be on christmas vacation mode or something.

Hope Mommy gets her brain working by Monday.

Rob said...

That looks cold by our standards, we don't often get the edges of running water freezing like that. Congratulations on your win and good luck with work, I look forward to Christmas but it soon becomes a distant memory.

How Sam Sees It said...

Congratulations!

We had a nice long break too - I'm hoping to win the lottery in the next couple of days. Gotta dream, right?

Monty and Harlow

Dawn said...

Congrats on the yoga outfit! Excellent win! Your boys are so cute...such distinct personalities. I wouldn't let Katie get close to the edge either...but then again she doesn't like to be near moving water so it's not that big a job to keep her out of it. Chewy on the other hand is all adventurer!

Caren Gittleman said...

that video was superb! No surprise that you won! CONGRATULATIONS! Love your ice photos, you live in such a beautiful area!

seasideshelties said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your days off. The ice looks amazing. I think Arran would react like Chewie is, it sure looks fascinating anyway.
-Dee