Thursday, December 25, 2014

merry christmas

We hope all of our friends and family had a wonderful Christmas.  

The dogs enjoyed Christmas Eve.  Oreo even decided that it was ok to cuddle up to his grandpa. Only took him 8 years of positive interactions to take that step!

 I think he was craving some male bonding time, since Jeff hasn't been able to hold him in a week due to his hernia surgery.

Chewy played sentry, and made sure the food was safe and sound.
"I could keep a better eye on it if it were in my belly!"

"I'm cute!  Please feed me!"

"I really hope that tray of kielbasa is for ME!"

"I will stare at you until you feed me."

Our snow all melted over night, and we woke up to fifty degree temps.  So weird.

We went for a walk in the park, and then played with their new toys in the yard.  Oreo was so happy to have his grassy (muddy) yard back.  Although one pile of snow refused to melt, so free snow cones were still available!  Perfect treat for Christmas.


dog treats centerpiece

11 comments:

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

the perfect way to spend the day - Merry Christmas everyone

Helen said...

Merry Christmas to you all from Beckett, Keltic and me too. Oreo looks happy to be snuggled with Grandpa, Grandpa looks pretty happy too. We had rain all day yesterday, not much snow left here either.

Rob said...

Happy Christmas to you, Jeff and the dogs. I hope Jeff is soon mended and its nice to see Oreo enjoying cuddles with grandpa, picture to treasure I think.

Anyway o hope you all had a great day.

Dawn said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! The food looks wonderful. I agree with Chewy, I could keep it safer if it were over here near me! Glad Oreo bonded with your dad. He's such a special dog, and your dad is such a special dad...it should all work out!

How Sam Sees It said...

What a nice day!

Monty and Harlow

Caren Gittleman said...

this was sooo darling! Better late than never for Oreo! They both look so happy sitting there together!
Love in the food shots that Chewy never stopped smiling!

betty said...

What a beautiful and yummy traditional Christmas Eve celebration! I made empanadas for Sofia. Looks like Oreo and Chewy licked the plates clean before settling in for cuddles. Love the photos. Aloha.

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Dog treats make a pawsome centerpiece to us. Merry post-Christmas to you! (We think thats a word ... U know like in football they have a pregame and a post-game.)

seasideshelties said...

Ah, that all sounded lovely. Oreo does the same thing Ludo does with sitting on the chairs at the dining room table. He can't do it at home because our chairs are slippy, but as soon as we go anywhere else he's right up there. Apart from he'll take cuddles wherever he can get them.
Merry Christmas!

Diana said...

Some how I missed this. Looks like a wonderful Christmas!. There is no way my dogs could sit at a table and not snatch the food off. LOL Your dogs must be well behaved.

Rob said...

Happy New Year to you, Jeff and the furry ones.