Thursday, September 25, 2014

happy new year

A midweek day off from school for Rosh Hashanah!  What a treat!

Took the dogs to the park first thing in the morning.  The leaves are just starting to change.  Photos (at least mine) simply don't show the brilliant colors, but I just found a foliage mode on my camera, so I'm going to try that out next trip to the park.

The water is really low, since we've had very little rain the past month or so.


I love how the leaves are falling in the water.  Chewy must have thought it was interesting too, because he climbed up on this rock to get a better view.



 Then, he wasn't quite sure how he was going to get down without getting his feet wet.


Yea, I had to go in and rescue him.

It was great to have a day to take it all in, look around, and listen to the sound of the crunching leaves.


Best part?  One more day and it's the weekend!  So we can do this all over again!


Oreo continues to do great on these walks.  In fact, we can now walk through the open field you see above!  No problem.  That is a huge step for him, because he feels safer in enclosed spaces.

7 comments:

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Love the part how you had to go in an rescue Chewy down from the rock. LOL

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

so you get your feet wet and his stay dry - yes - sound familiar :) It looks so pretty there.

Priscilla Phang said...

I love beautiful fall colours as well! Chewy sounds exactly like Eva! They really don't like getting their feet wet! I thought it was only the little Princess who was like that!

Priscilla Phang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lilli said...

It looks like and feels like autumn here in Finland too. I wish I had some furry friend to share the nice weather and pretty sights with me. That looks so nice walk!

-Lilli-

Caren Gittleman said...

Wait a minute, are you Jewish?????? I am sooo confused!! If so, Happy New Year but I didn't think you were! I am lost! lol

Ludo van Doggy said...

The photos look so lovely.
One thing of living by the sea is I miss having trees around in autumn.