Wednesday, August 27, 2014

savoring....

So, sad that my summer break is coming to a close.  My days of doing this~ breakfast, walk or park, yoga lunch, hammock/read, dinner, playtime, snacktime, bed, repeat~will be no more.

Trying to soak in all this awesomeness before next Tuesday when real life returns.

Oreo has been doing fantastic on his new meds.  Really pleased with how well he copes when we see people in the park.  I bought him this little vest to wear, which says "I need space, I'm shy".  This vest gives me a boost of confidence!  Makes me feel better knowing if we do spot someone and boogie our way off the path that people will understand I'm not a complete weirdo.  Just have a weird dog!
Chewy had an 'incident' with the creek.  The water got all foamy, like the head on a beer, near the creek line, and I guess Chewy thought the foam was a solid surface.  Boy was he surprised when his foot got dunked in water!    Even after that horrifying experience, he still wants to be near the water.



The wildflowers(weeds) are so pretty right now, even if they make me sneeze I love to look at them!


I just found another park within a 12 minute drive of our house.  It also has a trail along this same creek, but it is much wider at that location.  I'm going to take Chewy there this week, and see if it's an ok place for Oreo too.  There's a summer camp there for 6 weeks in July and August, so I don't think we could go there on weekdays during much of the summer, unless we go first thing in the morning.


Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful time of year!  I know I'm savoring every minute.

7 comments:

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

okay - where did you get Oreo that cute little vest - we NEED one for Denny - people are always trying to pat him which of coarse freaks him out. Our schools have already been back for over a week - just when the hot weather finally hot. You know back in Australia kids get the equivalent of 16 weeks off - 14 weeks in vacation time and another 2 weeks in public holiday :)

Sara said...

I got the vest and leash sleeve from:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/PatienceandLove143

the quality is excellent. the letters are embroidered, not screen printed

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Some (wildflowers) weeds are so pretty. Mommy is a pro at growing weeds. Too bad Mommys weeds dont have pretty flowers on them. Hope u do something fun with oreo and chewy fur labor day weekend.

houndstooth said...

This has been such a perfect summer, I've really been hoping that it never ends. I can't remember ever having more perfect weather. I suppose now would be a bad time to mention that I'm looking forward to our fall break, right? Good luck this school year! :)

Caren Gittleman said...

now..don't say your beautiful ritual will be "over", it will TEMPORARILY be put on "hold" :)

Poor Oreo, he and Dakota share the shyness gene...clever idea with the vest. So glad he is doing better though. Beautiful park! I need to check out some new ones for Fall.

Dawn said...

Awwww...I hope you have a terrific wonderful stupdendous weekend Sara! And all the boys too of course. I wish you didn't have to go back, but the kids really benefit from having you as their teacher.

How Sam Sees It said...

We are really waiting for the cooler weather - we've had enough of these 110 degree days.

May I ask where you got the vest? I'd love one for Monty.

Monty and Harlow