Friday, July 11, 2014

scoping it out

Chewy and I went adventuring this morning.  There's a town park only ten minutes up the road, and believe it or not, we've never been there.  The park doesn't look like much from the main road, and it's next to a crowded trailer park, but I found a trail map online and saw that they had some wooded trails.

Glad I decided to give it a go, because it was absolutely gorgeous, serene and well tended!  Can't believe I've missed out on this place all these years.

I left Oreo at home, because I wasn't sure if it was something he could handle.  I thought there were going to be a lot of wide open fields, which make him freak out.  Instead, it was lush and heavily wooded.  Oreo usually is ok in wooded areas, as long as there aren't too many people.

We only saw a handful people, so next time, we'll go early in the morning, and I'll bring Oreo along and see how he does.


 Moodener Kill- most of the creeks in our area end in 'kill', which is Dutch for creek.  This area was originally settled by the Dutch.






 Even the wide open area had really tall grass, so during the summer months, Oreo would be ok there too I think.....
 Lots of benches along the way.
 Can you hear the babbling creek?


 Chewy headed down there himself.  I thought for a second he might put his nose or toe in, but he came to his sheltie senses and stayed on dry land.

11 comments:

Sam said...

I love finding those hidden gems that are close to home. Looks like a beautiful walk.

Monty and Harlow

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

Wow - now aren't you wondering why you haven't been exploring before - what a totally gorgeous place

Bailey said...

Like the way you checked out this place to make sure he'd enjoy it.

Helen said...

Pretty place. I hope Oreo will enjoy it when he goes.

betty said...

What a great find! Do you think you could float down the "kill" and be at the spot you once photoed monthly for all of us? Aloha

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Thats a pawsome find. Love how there are benches.

houndstooth said...

Oh wow! I would be thrilled if we had a park like that here near us! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Helen said...

What a great place! I tried to take Keltic and Beckett for a walk in the woods but the deer flies are out. Boy did they find us quick especially poor Beckett. We got out of there some fast.

Caren Gittleman said...

what an absolutely exquisite park for a walk! Gorgeous! Chewy was the perfect model for you too. Oreo and Dakota are similar...he does like the park and doesn't mind fields but he does mind if a lot of people are around.

Lilli said...

Such a beautiful place!

-Lilli-

Dawn said...

That's a beautiful place. Look how happy Chewy is to be there with you. He's positively grinning! :) :) :)