Saturday, July 19, 2014

fuzzy fellow

Chewy and I went to an agility trial wednesday night.  We didn't q either run, but we had a lot of good moments.  Chewy did 12 weaves in BOTH runs.  That was huge, because in class he never does them all. We would've q'ed our first run, but there was a flip from the dogwalk into the tunnel, and of course, he wanted to go back up the dogwalk.  Bummer.

Our second run was the same course in reverse, and I thought we were golden, but we missed a jump.  He was a little bit off for the whole run.  We didn't get much of a break between runs, and I think he was a little tired (or maybe it was me!).

There was a fellow agility person there taking photos.  She snapped this one of Chewy on the dogwalk.
http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/big.asp?photoID=14569315&catID=&style=&rowNumber=1&memberID=241268

Then, Chewy noticed her sitting next to the ring and ran over to her barking!  So embarrassing. I said, "Chewy!  She's taking your picture!"  and he ran back to me.  Silly boy.  He's still lacking in experience with the whole trial environment thing.  He walks in the ring and has to take a good look at everyone in and out of the ring.  Takes me forever to get his attention sometimes.  Good thing neither of us takes agility trials too seriously.

I like how she named the photo 'fuzzy fellow'.  Perfect.

5 comments:

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

that was a great shot of him on the ramp.....and he is having fun which is the best part of all :0

Sam said...

Oh great shot!

We just like to have fun. I'm not overly competitive, but I like an excuse to spend a day with the pups!

Monty and Harlow

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Pawsome photo. I guess Chewy barking at the photographer was like he was telling her-- ok I want It poster size print.

Helen said...

Chewy looks very happy. That's the most important part of agility, having fun.

Caren Gittleman said...

Chewy is just too adorable! Maybe he ran over to her because he felt he hadn't given her permission to take a photo? lol. LOVE the photo that she took though, it is exquisite!