Tuesday, March 4, 2014

walk on snow

We had a thaw last week and then a hard freeze again. This makes for really solid, crunchy snow.  Oreo was excited to find out that he could walk on top of it without falling in!
It was like reclaiming our yard back.  We had been trapped on our paths between snowbanks for so long, I felt like we were constantly doing our own version of bobsledding, or sometimes it felt like skeeball.



Oreo asks, "Does being able to walk on snow make me omnipotent?  I think it must!"
My parents are on their way home from Florida right now.   I hope they're bringing some warmth up with them behind Titan.

8 comments:

Priscilla Phang said...

You look GREAT, Oreo!

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

the only bad thing is is tends to be so slippery - scares me watching the boys our in the backyard - if they fall I can't get to them as the back door is still frozen and has an ice pile behind it. I can't even to get to the gates...but I figure if I had to I could climb out the window :)

Sara said...

ours isn't ice, just packed snow. so it's not slippery. they actually have pretty good traction

Caren Gittleman said...

we sure hope they are bringing warmth too!

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Hope they bring some of that Florida Sunshine to us in NJ on the way to you guys!

Dawn said...

So for sure they boys could jump over the back fence now...but it will probably never occur to them to try.

houndstooth said...

I hope they bring anything with them besides this cold and snow! Oreo, I had no idea you were so talented!

Chris and Ricky said...

You don't need snow shoes. That is neat!