Wednesday, March 26, 2014

bandanas!

Our good friends, Lassie & Benji, sent us bandanas in the mail.  They are Wizard of Oz themed, because their mom's niece is in her school play this year and that is the show.  Oreo and Chewy wrote a message for her niece's program, and the bandanas were our thank you gift for doing so!

Cool, huh?

I love these bandana, because they simply slip over their collars. No need to tie and retie them!

One bandana has ruby slippers, the other has props from the 'oh we oh' guys who guard the witch's castle.

Which dog should wear which? That was the question of the day.

Well, Oreo really thinks 'there's no place like home'.  So, I decided he should get the ruby slippers one.

"If I click my heels 3 times, will this bandana send me back home?  That could come in handy!"

Chewy, well, he thinks he's the guard of the house (the world really).  Don't ever leave a wheel barrow where it doesn't belong, because Chewy will attack it.

So, I thought that the winkie bandana suited him perfectly.

"I'm a Winkie Guard now!  Everyone must listen to me!"
Thank you Lassie and Benji!  We love the bandanas, and think you should start an etsy business making them!


11 comments:

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

those are so cool - it is funny - Denny and Oreo are so alike Denny would like a magic bandana to take him home - although if he had his way he would NEVER leave it to begin with :)

Joan said...

The bandanas are so cute. Oreo is a lot like his Mom who wanted a pair of ruby slippers when she was little. And that guard face on Chewy cracked me up.

Caren Gittleman said...

Dakota got one too and I am awful, I haven't opened the envelope yet! I have been so busy! Must do it tomorrow! Your boys look so handsome and it was sooooooooooo nice of Lassie and Benji to do that!

betty said...

Both boys take their roles very seriously. Oreo and Chewy take me over the rainbow. Aloha.

Helen said...

They are so cute! The dogs and the bandanas.

I can't believe most of your snow is gone, not so here.

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

The dogs look pawsome in the bandanas. I think Chewy makes a great Winkie Guard!

I do confess, when Mommy was younger -- she always thought the song the Winkie Guards sang was "O-RE-O" instead of "Oh-We-Oh!" So, if we hear Chewy chanting Oreo's name while wearing the bandana -- you know why!

Diana said...

I love how you describe your dogs and how the bandanas fit each dogs personality.

Rob said...

Chewy looks very proud wearing his new bandana.

Chris and Ricky said...

Very fun bandanas!

Dawn said...

Perfect!

Priscilla Phang said...

Oreo and Chewy look so great with their new bandanas. Chewy is definitely proud of his cute bandana!