Thursday, February 6, 2014

snow day!

Finally!

It's amazing how much one can get accomplished when you have an unexpected day off.  I wrote a couple IEPs(work stuff), made chilli, baked chocolate chocolate chip cookies, baked corn bread, did a load of laundry, balanced my checkbook (am I the only person who still does that), shoveled a bunch of paths for dogs and humans, played in the snow.....and that was all before noon!




 Here is Chewy attempting to write my name in the snow!  Look at that perfect "S"!
Or maybe he was going to write 'Snowday'?

 (Don't tell anyone, but he's actually peeing in this photo! Peeing like a girl!)

The best part....we didn't get as much as they thought.  Probably only ten inches or less.   And it's fluffy.

No problem going out to get bread and milk by evening.

11 comments:

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

it sure beats just getting ice.....I kinda wish we would at least get a little snow for the boys to play in...but then again I guess we should be happy we don't either.

Bailey said...

Dog Dad's company closed so we had a wonderful snow day, too.

Diana said...

Cool that he knows how to spell. LOL Yay for snow days!!

houndstooth said...

We had a snow day, too, but we have about thirteen inches so far, with another six on the way Saturday. Joy. As bitter cold as it is today, I thought they'd call off today, too, but common sense has not prevailed. I love Chewy's S! What talent!

Caren Gittleman said...

Oh this was great!! I think Chewy was writing out "Sara", "Snow Day" and "SHELTIES!!!"

or "SUPER SHELTIE!!"

Oh and yes...I balance my checkbook too but we have no money so it's easy lol

Collie222 said...

My daughter and her boyfriend made the collies a snow fort yesterday! The collies LOVED it, and Kori was trying to play inside it before it was even finished! :)

I love the pictures of your babies playing, they look like they had a lot of fun!

Collie222 said...

And I made chili too! lol

Dawn said...

Of course Chewey is not peeing! He's just contemplating the next letter to make. Glad you had a good snow day!

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

We think Chewy wrote a 5 in the snow. Guess u only got five inches of snow according to The Sheltie metric system.

Helen said...

We hardly got any snow this time. Beckett pees like a girl sometimes too, sshh, don't tell anyone. I balanced my chequebook for years and never found an error made by the bank, now I just download from my banks web site.

Chris and Ricky said...

Congratulations on finally getting a snow day!!! Most schools here are out of calamity days. I bet there has not been a full week of school yet this year. Glad you made the most of it!