Friday, February 14, 2014

buried!

We got walloped last night with snow. Chewy has never seen this much snow at one time.  We got 18 inches or so, on top of the snow from the last couple storms.   It's a bit ridiculous.

I shoveled a big loop around the yard for the dogs, and they were at my ankles the whole time while I shoveled. Funny how until shelties have a nice circular path to run, they don't know what to do with themselves!










Not getting very far out of that gate.

School was obviously closed for the day, extending our week long winter break by another day!

9 comments:

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Thats a lot of snow! I think we only had about 10 inches or so total yesterday. Mommy shoveled a small circle for us in the yard. Its not as impressive as your path.

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

Oh my goodness - I can't even imagine that much snow - I just keep thinking about what the ground is going to be like when it all melts! Keep warm and safe.

Collie222 said...

We got a lot of snow dumped on us too, and more is coming tomorrow!

Uncle!

Diana said...

I've only seen that much snow a couple of time. Once was when we here house hunting in Knoxville. We had a 2 year old and a 3 month old with chicken pox. No cable TV and no restaurant . We filled our cooler with sandwich meats and bread. At least our hotel didn't lose power like the other hotels bear us.
We are up to making up 5 school days. Ack!

Helen said...

Boy, that is a lot of snow. We got less than an inch.

Helen said...

They called for 5 cm (2 inches) here, we got 15 cm (6 inches). Sure looked like more though. I'll have to post pictures of my front and back yards.

Chris and Ricky said...

Incredible! It was a lot of work to shovel out the Sheltie path! I haven't seen snow like that since I was a kid.

Caren Gittleman said...

that's exactly the way it is here! Poor Shelties, it is taller than them and it is taller than Dakota here too, he hates it!

Wyatt said...

Wow, it is a good thing that you two are not pure white...you might go missing out there!! Have fun, stay safe and warm!

Wyatt