Tuesday, January 21, 2014

tricky t-day ~ clean up

My spoiled rotten dogs need to start helping out around the house.

Decided to teach them to pick up their toys (OK, Oreo already knew this trick, but needed a refresher).

Once you teach a dog to pick something up and put it in something else (like ball in basketball hoop), there are so many variations!

Here are my silly dogs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFz85ekX5XI&feature=youtu.be



We are getting so close to having a trick mastered that I've been working on for years!  I really hope we get it soon, so I can show you.  Not sure why it has been so difficult, but I recently switched up the way I was shaping it, and something seemed to click (no pun intended) with both dogs.


7 comments:

Priscilla Phang said...

Clever boys!
The two cute helpers are going to bring you your remote control, socks and etc...in no time. :)

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

We loved watching chewy climb in the box himself - does he get points for putting himself away too :)

houndstooth said...

Your boys are so clever and helpful! :)

I can't wait to see the new trick!

Caren Gittleman said...

I sooooo have to teach Dakota this! Oreo was soooooo adorable when he just sat there with the toy in his mouth! lol

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Good job. Mommy laughed at Chewys round 2 when he was walking in circles trying to find the toy that was right in front of his nose. Chewey is too funny.

Chris and Ricky said...

Bravo Oreo and Chewy! They are rocking that trick! Do you know I never successfully taught it to Ricky? :)

Dawn said...

Your boys are just so smart! Must get it from their Mom.