Monday, January 20, 2014

mishmash monday

The meteorologists were predicting snow 'showers' on Saturday.  That usually means no big deal kinda snow, nuisance stuff.

So, after consulting the doppler and hourly forecast, I left for agility in a white out, assuming it would stop snowing by the time class was over and I had to drive back down the mountain home.

Well....it kept snowing for six hours!  Wasn't a fun ride home. I drove off the road once, because I couldn't tell where the road was!  Pretty much everything was white.  Then, when I tried to get back on the road, I swerved left, slid right, slid left again, and then we finally straightened back up.  Love my snow tires, they never let me down.  Pretty sure we made some really cool "s" marks in the road too.

Despite the subaru commercial drive home, I'm glad I went, because Chewy had a good time.  Our teacher had us working on a lot of left turns, which is really, really hard for him, since he is a compulsive spinner to the right.  He really had to work against his natural instincts.

We also did the chute for the first time in at least a year. I wasn't sure what he was going to do.  He was a bit unsure the first time, but then seemed to get all excited about going in it the next time.  He charged through it the rest of class. Very cute.

Turned on the news that night, and the weather guy was still calling it snow 'showers', even though we now had a good 3-4 inches on the ground.

In November, they would've had us all running to the store for bread and milk!  Funny how our perspective changes.  I think they just couldn't admit they were wrong.  Really wrong.

Anyhoo,  the snow is of the light and fluffy variety, making everything look pretty again.


Just the right amount for playing, and taking some not so good photos!




Some did come out, but I think I'll share them later.

For now....can you spot the cardinal?



How 'bout now?

9 comments:

Dina said...

Glad you had fun at agility class and that you got home safely!

Dina and Mom

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

A little snow flurry....gosh we get two flakes fall and they set the panic meter to high alert! The boys would be happy to join you boys in a game of chase in that little bit of snow you had :)

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Glad you made it back safe in the drive home. It's scary just thinking about the car sliding like that.

We are supposed to get some snow for Wednesday morning in Jersey.

Speaking of birds/cardinals -- I think Mommy scared the seeds right out of a Robin this morning. She was trying to pull into a parking space in the dark and a Robin was sitting on the pavement near where she was parking. As soon as the car lights shone on the Robin, the bird had this look on it's face like it just laid a rotten egg or something.

Helen said...

Glad you got home safely. Here I always wonder if meterologists forgot to convert to metric measurement but just changed the units. So when they say we'll get 6 centimeters as an example, I always think 6 inches and that always seems to be more accurate. We only got light fluffy stuff too, I don't mind that.

Chris and Ricky said...

Your drive home sounds way to scary - glad you guys made it home in one piece! Chewy sounds like loads of fun! We are supposed to get snow here tomorrow again - I need to make it to my class for Ricky!

Dawn said...

I always worry more when I have Katie in the car in bad weather. If I had to walk a long ways to safety it would be more difficult with her. Glad you made it home safe! Maybe you'll have a snow day tomorrow!

Diana said...

Glad you got home ok. I would have been freaked out with that much sliding. The snow does look pretty.

Caren Gittleman said...

Yep I saw the Cardinal in the middle of the photo on the far away one! YAY ME!
THANK GOODNESS you are ok!!!!!!! That had to be incredibly frightening

Priscilla Phang said...

The first picture looks like a winter wonder land! It's really beautiful.
Glad that all of you were home safely. I don't think I dare to drive in snow anymore after an accident happened some years ago. My car slipped, skidded and knocked somebody's car. :( I still have the phobia with me since then.