Sunday, December 22, 2013

someone is having a birthday

Oreo is turning 7 tomorrow.  What the heck?  How did my little baby boy become 7?


I can still remember how he felt, snuggling up in my coat on the drive home.  Poor Misty, she was very anxious about the big change when I brought him home.  She was throwing up for days.

Luckily, she learned that we still loved her, and now she had a playmate.
Since Oreo is a Christmas baby, he usually gets gypped when it comes to his birthday.  This year, I wanted to make sure that didn't happen.  We started celebrating early!

Saturday, I made him one of his favorite treats - meatballs!

 I don't know how they know it's for them, but they do!



There will be cookies made today too!

Happy Birthday to my scaredy boy Oreo!  I've learned so much from you, and I love your sweet, sensitive soul.

While I was typing this, Oreo dropped two balls at my feet.  I guess he's not so old after all.

11 comments:

Helen said...

Happy Birthday, Oreo!! Let you Mum spoil you rotten.

Chris and Ricky said...

Happy Birthday Oreo! I love you even though we have never met! Ricky turns 7 in Feb. and I don't know how that is possible either.

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

Happy Birthday Oreo.....it's the big one being 7 years old - it means your a senior doggy now...don't worry buddy I am not far behind you - in a few months I will become a senior doggie too. Have a wonderful spoiled day Mr Oreo

Freda said...

I can hardly believe it is that long since I have been following your blog. Every Blessing from Dalamory. www.freda.org.uk

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Happy Birthday Oreo. Those meatballs look pawsome. Bet they taste pawsome too. Enjoy your day!

betty said...

Oreo is carrying a big smile inside. He loves you, too.
Happy, happy Birthday, Oreo. Don't get too close to that oven or you will need a "Ring around your nosey," too. Meatball hot today and more treats tomorrow, what a yummy birthday celebration. Aloha from your auntie.

Diana said...

Happy Birthday Oreo!!!! You are a lucky dog to get special treats . Don't tell my dogs, they get nothing special on their birthdays.

houndstooth said...

Aww! What an adorable ball of fuzz he was! I'm glad you found each other. Those sensitive souls have a way of melting your heart!

Caren Gittleman said...

Oh OREO!!! Happy Happy Birthday! You were such a precious puppy and you are still precious! You are such a wise and sensitive Sheltie! I am going to be 7 in 2014! Barks and licks and love, Dakota
Oh I want to come over for meatballs!

Priscilla Phang said...

Happy Birthday Oreo! I can't believe that you're already 7; you are still as adorable as a puppy and we all love you a lot.

Your mommy is so sweet and those meatballs look really delicious!

Nicki said...

Happy birthday cookie dog!