Saturday, December 14, 2013

calm before the storm

We're supposed to get real snow tonight (i.e. more than six inches).  So, after today, we might not be able to walk in the woods for awhile.  Unless anyone knows of some good dog snowshoes?

Took advantage of the adventure while we could.


Oreo always stops to pose before we walk up this hill.  Every time!  Not sure what that's all about.  Today, I obliged with a photo.
Chewy wants to show off his santa beard:

 It was so cold out (16 degrees F), that his slobber froze as soon as it hit the air.
Funny, huh?

This morning, I went to the store to buy milk and bread.  Not because I need it, or because I'm worried about the storm stranding me, but due to the fact that everyone else seems to panic and I know they'll be sold out for a few days.  I got there around 11 this morning, and there were only about 10 gallons of skim left!   Ridiculous. I'm sure we'll all be plowed out by lunchtime tomorrow.

It always makes me think of this silly video.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zaVYWLTkU






Now to find that sled of mine.

7 comments:

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Mommy went to the store this morning , it was packed! So far we only got rain so far.

Diana said...

Love. Chewy's Santa beard. So cute . Wow, it's really cold there. It's 40 and raining here, that's cold enough for me.

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

It was like that here when we had the ice storm...by 10 o'clock every store had sold out of bread....funny thing was the bakeries were making bread all last week but they couldn't get their trucks out of their car parks until Friday so there did end p being a shortage :)Love Mr Chewy with his snow face ...he is so adorable :)

Priscilla Phang said...

Can't imagine how cold it exactly is! We just find our weather is so boring and the only thing we can do here is to send our warmth to you guys!

Keep warm!

Oreo is always a gentleman, love how he posed for the picture! Chewy just never stops making us smile / laugh! Two wonderful boys!

Pippa Sheltie said...

Haha, gorgeous smiley pictures of them both! I wish we had some snow...
Pippa :)

Chris and Ricky said...

Your woods are so pretty! Glad you got out before all the snow hit!

Dawn said...

Don't know how I missed this one! Oreo looks elegant in his pose! Chewy looks like..well...happy Chewy!