Monday, November 18, 2013

mishmash monday

We had beautiful weather on Saturday.  Sunny and warm enough to read a book outside.

I could've sat outside reading all day, but I have DOGS!  That wasn't in the cards.

Playtime, agility, and supervising wildlife was on their agenda.  Which resulted in Chewy looking like this at 7PM.  Guess what?  He slept until 7AM on Sunday!  In fact, I woke up before he did!  Yay me!

We've actually gone to three consecutive weeks of agility classes.  It is simply amazing how much better we are doing with a little bit of practice.  Chewy is hardly spinning at all, even when I make him turn left.  He's not hesitating at tunnels, even when I rear cross behind him.  Very proud of him.  He's such a fun dog to have as a partner.  Not too fast, not too slow.  As long as I have food, he'll SIT at the startline.  But only five times in one day.   He has his limits.

The only problem with going to agility is Chewy never wants to leave the farm.  He wants to smell every centimeter (and there are acres of centimeters!).   Oreo, on the other hand, can't wait to get home!  I usually have to pick Chewy up and carry him to the car.  Good thing he's a little dog.

Since I have the best dogs ever, I baked them some pumpkin cookies!  Tis' the season for pumpkin.


After cookies, it was time for another nap.
Hope everyone had a good weekend.  Now, it's time to go to work so the dogs can get some more rest.

Oh, and here's Misty! Remember her?  I've been missing her this week. Maybe because I used to give her a lot of pumpkin.

She used to make funny noises when I scratched her belly.  I miss that.
She was the best.  Did you know that she loved raw asparagus?
  Meant to film a trick video for tomorrow, but ran out of time.  I will do one next week for sure!


8 comments:

houndstooth said...

She was so cute!

I'm glad Chewy is turning out to be such a good training partner, and that he enjoys it so much!

Dawn said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww......first of all Chewy sleeping makes me smile, as I'm sure he makes you. I would LOVE to get 12 hours or sleep out of Katie! Second, I'm glad he's enjoying agility, he's perfect for it, not afraid of anything! But he's certainly his own dog, only waiting at the start line 5 times a day. Good news, in a trial you aren't likely to run him ore than 5 times a day...right? Third...I LOVE seeing Misty again. I think about her periodically...she was such a good girl. I can understand you still missing her even though you've got your hands full with the boys. She was a special special dog.

Dawn said...

PS: I love Oreo too, you know that. Wouldn't want to leave him out of my comment! :)

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Pumpkin cookies sound pawsome! Mommy doesn't make cookies for us -- we are so deprived! (insert sad violin music in the background)

Diana said...

Aww so sweet seeing Misty's pictures. Agility sounds like it is going well. Yay!!

Helen said...

I can't believe you can tire Chewy out. Keltic seems to get by with only 6 hours of sleep, unfortunately I need more.

betty said...

Munchkin and Misty taught you everything about a dog's life and a dog's love. You got it, and now, Oreo and Chewy fullfill their promises. Isn't it amazing how the scent of pumpkin can bring back treasured memories for you.
Aloha.

Chris and Ricky said...

Awesome weekend! It is just great that Chewy loves agility so much! And sweet Misty - we will always miss her!