Tuesday, October 1, 2013

tricky t-day

This month, Chewy learned how to circle backwards around me.

I planned on working on a different trick with Oreo, since he knew this one.  However, when I asked Oreo to demonstrate the trick for Chewy, he looked at me and said, "I NEVER learned this trick, you crazy woman."

So, Oreo relearned it.

Both did a great job indoors, but when I decided to make the video outside, they were brain dead! Obviously, I didn't realize it was an indoor trick only. Generalization is not my forte.

This was the best I could get out of them!

http://www.youtube.com/edit?feature=vm&o=U&video_id=8Hw8JE9DOIs&ns=1

8 comments:

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

they are creatures of habit - I have noticed that with Denny in particular - when he learns a trick - he seems to think he can only do it in the place he learned he. Looks like they both got the hand of it though

Caren Gittleman said...

I think you and they did well regardless. Just showed this to my husband and he said they look like they are "dancing"

houndstooth said...

They look like they're doing it pretty well to me! :)

Helen said...

You're a great trick trainer. I don't know how you do it. I'm surprised my guys learn agility as I can't seem to teach them anything else, they don't even know how to "shake a paw".

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Oh we totally know how to give our Mommy the-- "r u kidding me u crazy lady" look. We thought the music was appropriate too . Looked a country dance.

Chris and Ricky said...

Congrats on keeping the tricky t-day going! We have a lot of indoor-only tricks here so good job for getting Oreo and Chewy to work outside!

Dawn said...

We trained outside one morning in obedience after always being in the training building. Every single dog ran past their person on the recall and kept on running to the end of the field. I think being in a new place, particularly outside turns a dogs brain to mush.

Derek the dog said...

So awesome! I keep trying to finish training this off and on and have never gotten 100% there. We're like...65%? The other day at the trial though Derek started offering half a backwards turn around me when we were waiting our turn at the gate. Made me laugh.