Monday, October 7, 2013

mishmash monday

Oreo is a bit possessive over his good smelly spot.  I love he when starts "chomping" at Chewy.  He always does that "chomp chomp" with his teeth when he's feeling frisky.  Looks viscous, but it's all in good fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBX56epRO3Q&feature=youtu.be



The tree colors are simply fantastic right now.  One of the many gifts for living in the great northeast.

Unfortunately, I am unable to capture their beauty with my camera.  Photos just don't do it justice.

This tree is my favorite. It reminds me of ribbon candy for some reason.

Every morning on my way to work, I pass by a lake that is surrounded by red, orange and yellow trees reflecting off the water.  It is breathtaking.   Some mornings, there is also  mist coming off the water, which is so stunning, I almost drive off the road.


 I keep meaning to bring my camera, but I keep forgetting.  By the time I remember, it will be too late.  That's the downside of Fall - such a brief window of opportunity to capture the splendor. 


The other downside is not being able to find poop on the lawn. 



8 comments:

Diana said...

Wow, it is beautiful!! I think you did a good job capturing it.

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

I never get tired off all the changing colors ...it is on my list of things to do one day....do the fall drive through New Hampshire and that area

Helen said...

Wow, you got some good shots!

My first two Shelties, Duffy (a sable) and Gryffon (a bi-black) loved to joust, when they got really going you would hear the clacking of teeth. Every once in a while those jaws closed to close and someone yiped.

Caren Gittleman said...

so beautiful and I LOVED the video! Dakota started barking when he heard Oreo :)

Dawn said...

Cute! We couldn't watch it with the sound on because of a certain princess...you know. Your trees are beautiful!

houndstooth said...

Wow! You have much better color in your corner of the world than we do yet.

Chris and Ricky said...

Oreo is like a crocodile! haha! Love the leaves too but agree that it is impossible to find the poop!

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Our YouTube seems to be broken for days now! We can't hear sounds on any kinds of YouTube videos lately -- we can only see the picture part of the video. No fair. Anyway, we watched the video -- not sure if you had music or not butt I think at the beginning it looked like Oreo was doing some break-dancing moves and then he started to sing rap music when he had his close up (barking?). Hope we interpreted the video ok without sound.