Monday, September 30, 2013

mishmash monday

This photo cracked me up when I downloaded it.



Here's my apple brownie recipe (they actually aren't brown, not sure why they're called brownies):

Apple Brownies
 2/3 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs 2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups peeled and chopped apples
Optional - 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Cinnamon sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla - mix. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix. Add apples and mix. Spread in greased 13x9 pan, and sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar. Bake for 25-30 minutes.

7 comments:

Helen said...

I get a kick just watching my guys play. It's usually Beckett who goes on his back. What about Chewy and Oreo?

Caren Gittleman said...

that photo IS great! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! It' easy, just the way I like them! THANK YOU!! My husband LOVES apples so he will particularly love this!

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

We are so going to make this - Mom doesn't like chocolate so has never had brownies....(She loves real chocolate -The expensive European stuff - but hates anything chocolate flavored - weird...but we will get to share some of this brownie we think.

houndstooth said...

Oh, that sounds delicious! It might be a good excuse for me to go out to the apple orchard...

Dawn said...

Thanks Sara...sounds like several of us will be making these soon! Your boys are so much fun! Seems like Oreo is usually the one to roll over...but I seem to remember him teaching Chewy a thing or two when Chewy was a puppy.

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Looks like Oreo is kicking up his heels over that apple brownie recipie.

Chris and Ricky said...

Hilarious photo!