Saturday, September 28, 2013

bulbs and baking

Fall is by far my favorite season.

I was excited about getting some spring bulbs in the ground this weekend.  Although, I was worried the chipmunks would dig up all my tulip bulbs.

Turns out, I didn't need to worry about the chipmunks.

While Oreo was meditating in the sunshine,

Chewy was digging up my bulbs as fast as I could plant them.

After planting 10 bulbs, twice, I gave up!  

Decided to do another fall activity and make some yummy apple brownies.

 Of course, Chewy has to supervise this as well.
 Luckily, Chewy can just barely reach the counter if he stands on his tippy, tippy toes.  So, there was no need to make two batches.  Got them in the oven without a lick of a dog's tongue.

However, there was no stopping him from getting involved with the clean up.

Ready for eating!
 After all that, it was time for a perfect fall day hammock nap.

I'll make another go at the bulbs next weekend.   After I think of some way to dog proof them.

8 comments:

Helen said...

Oh Chewy, I think you and Keltic would be a perfect pair.

Dawn said...

Read this to husband...he laughed about Chewy's antics. He's quite the little helper isn't he! I made pumpkin muffins today, turned out nice...never heard of apple brownies....send me the recipe please? I'll send you the pumpkin muffins.

Dawn said...

Maybe if you're planting while Chewy is off on an adventure with your husband far far away....

houndstooth said...

Ha ha ha! Sometimes you can have too much help in the kitchen! I love how innocent Oreo is out in the yard. I think Flattery and Chewy together could be a dangerous thing!

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

What would we do without our little helpers. I read somewhere if you spray some lemon juice on the ground after planting doggies will leave the area alone. We wonder if chewy got to chew on some on some of those yummy brownies?

Monique said...

My sheltie Larry too loves to look at the dirty dishes in the dishwasher !!

Caren Gittleman said...

Oh this was just great! "Apple Brownies?" I have NEVER heard of them before, post the recipe! :)
Too funny about Chewy and the bulbs but I know I wouldn't be laughing it had been me!
Fall is by far, my favorite season too!

Chris and Ricky said...

I can't believe Chewy ate your bulbs as fast as you planted them! Haha! he is too much!