- went UNDER the tire (the first obstacle)
- went around a jump (another first obstacle)
- went around a few more jumps
- saw people walking down a hill, so he ran away from me and started barking at them, like a watchdog, right in the middle of a jump sequence
- went to the fence to sniff out the people & dogs
- visited ring crew
- did a dead stop on the teeter
- missed a contact (maybe two)
- missed an obstacle discrimination
- had a perfect jumpers run, but was overtime due to fence visiting
- refused to sit at the startline - all four runs
- was one of THOSE beginner dogs that I used to laugh at
- made me REALLY miss running my velcro dog
- made me laugh
- made me shake my head and roll my eyes
- made me realize we have a lot of holes in our training
- made me realize that maybe I should practice more than once every 6 weeks or so
- looked cute no matter what he did
- got meatballs at the end of each run, because he's cute and I'm a lousy, lazy trainer, who is asking my dog to do all sorts of strange things
|Still a superstar!|
What Oreo did:
- barked in his crate when it was Chewy's turn to run!
- did lots of tricks (even ROLL OVER!, several times) under the tent, where there were many people/dogs close by! without doing the counter terrorism perimeter check!
- walked around the ENTIRE place without freezing or freaking out!
- got lots of meatballs for being cute!
Forever a superstar!