Monday, August 19, 2013

mishmash monday

 Bored this Monday?

OK, let's play a game.  Can you spot the hummingbird?

A couple weeks ago, we had round number three of baby robins.  Mama reused the nest above our lamp. Not sure if it was the same mama or a new one.  Four more baby robins.

When they got this big, they started looked crowded up there, so we put some cushions down on the ground to help with their first flight.  As far as we know, all of them made it safely.
I keep seeing them search for worms on the driveway.  Why aren't their parents telling them that that won't work?  Is it the robin version of tough love?

10 comments:

Pippa Sheltie said...

I see the hummingbird! How lucky you are to have wee baby robins! We have robins here, but we never see the chicks.
Pippa :)

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

that is like a little hummingbird we saw the other day - the first one for this year.

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Cool hummingbird pictures. We see it in the picture!

We attempted to take a picture of a hummingbird in our yard yesterday -- and it's just a blur. Your picture turned out really nice!

Dawn said...

I can't even SEE the hummingbird. Probably because I'm at work and stressed. Yes I believe robins DO practice tough bird love.

Diana said...

wow those Robins are big. Time to get out!! LOL

betty said...

I found it! I found the hummingbird! (I mis-guessed a few times but once I saw the real thing, there was no more guessing.)
What love photos! Aloha.

Helen said...

I found the hummingbird. Amazing shot!

Chris and Ricky said...

Poor Oreo - so bored. I see the hummingbird! Yesterday we saw a hummingbird moth on a butterfly bush. So cool!

I love having baby robins around - hopefully they will quickly learn where the worms are.

Caren Gittleman said...

"robin version of tough love" you kill me :)

Dawn said...

I found the hummingbird! :) :) :)