Wednesday, July 17, 2013

fun trial

Last night's DOCNA agility trial was awesome.  It was so laid back and stress free.  From start to finish it was only 2 and a half hours.  Not one cranky person, and no one complained about anything, not even the ridiculous heat.  If every trial could be like that, I'd probably enter more!

We did two standard runs.  Chewy had a little bit of trouble getting focused on me at the start line. So, that's something we'll have to work on.  Once we got "lined up", he was good to go.

This was our first run.  I was really worried about the dogwalk to tunnel.  In class, Chewy often chooses to go right back up the dogwalk, because he loves his contacts.  I made sure my feet were pointed at the fence, and the little superstar didn't even think about going back up the dogwalk.  After that, it was smooth sailing, minus the one spin when I rear crossed him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMgJ3iUI5L0

Our second run, we did the same course in reverse.  The only bobble we had was the weaves. He blasted past them, but I think it was because I didn't tell him "weave" early enough. I brought him back around, and he got them the second time.  Then, he finished like a champ.

We got two q's and two first places.  We also got our Beginner Standard title.  I think I'm going to keep him in beginner's for our next trial instead of moving him up.  We still have a lot of skill building to do, and I want trials to be fun, not frustrating.



13 comments:

houndstooth said...

Congratulations! What a great run! I'm glad you guys had such a good time. We're trying to keep obedience and rally fun for our 4H kids, too. :)

Helen said...

Congrats on your title! Yeah Chewy!!!

Beckett moved up pretty fast but I didn't mind moving up as I had done more advanced levels with him at fun matches and we are allowed to train in the ring in the AAC. Keltic may be another story. He'll be old enough to compete in the Fall but I don't want to enter him in trials until he can weave so it may be later this winter before he starts.

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Congratulations Chewy! That was pawsome!

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

well done Chewy - you are rock star!!!!!!!!

Bailey said...

Congrats Chewy. Do you see that face on him. He knows he's good.

Caren Gittleman said...

Chewy we are sooooooooooo proud of you!!! We always knew you would be an agility ACE!!
xoxoxo

Pippa Sheltie said...

That looked great fun! Well done, I think you did really well. To me, Chewy looked like he flew around that course, because I'm not as fast with my little jumps.
Pippa :)

Diana said...

WTG!! You guys did great!

Dawn said...

He had such a great time! Glad he loves it!

Chris and Ricky said...

Glad it was such a stress-free trial. I would enjoy that! Chewy did great and Oreo looks happy and proud of his sidekick role too!

Lian said...

Well done Chewy! Good to see some agility videos again :)

Ludo van Doggy said...

Oh, the video didn't work for me, but glad you had a good first trial!
~Lickies, Ludo

Akshita Gupta said...

I love your blog!
I once had a mouse named Misty.
Can we follow each other?
loveyourdelhi.blogspot.in -my blog
Following you :)