Friday, June 28, 2013

Visitor

While we were away, a bear came to visit our yard.  Bummed that I missed it....but maybe it was a good thing. 

Mr. Berenstein was in our neighbors' car port, then made his way up over the hill to our house when our neighbor fired a shot to scare him away.  Neighbor did call to warn us that the bear was heading our way, so we could get the dogs inside if need be. Said it was a 200 pounder.
Mr. Berenstein was in the fenced-in portion of our yard too!  Part of our wire fence was crushed and broken! Jeff fixed it before I had a chance to take a photo. Yikes.

The poor baby wrens are still in the house!  Before we even unloaded the truck, Jeff went out to fix the birdhouse.  The parent wrens weren't too happy about the fixing process, but I'm sure they are relieved that their babies aren't going to fall out of the house now!

Can't find one of my birdfeeders....so if you see a bear walking around carrying one, its MINE!

8 comments:

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

Check - bear carrying a bird feeder - will be on the lookout for that one :) :)

betty said...

What a welcome home! Aloha.

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Oh my.

Diana said...

Oh my!! That could be scary !

Caren Gittleman said...

I would have been terrified! Glad that none of you were there!

Chris and Ricky said...

I bet the bear left a trail that he thought would be "bearly" noticeable.

Dawn said...

Reconfirms for me that you need to scout out the yard at night (maybe even during day) before you let the boys out. Would have been amazing to see but glad you were not home.

Sara said...

Yes, thinking about putting a gate on the upper part of our yard. That way we can scope it out easily when we let them out at night and in the morning....