Thursday, May 23, 2013

sweet babies




This little one seems to be a bit adventurous.  We're going to put some cushions down on the ground below the nest....just in case.

I'm missing my baby niece Sabine, who died eleven years ago today. I can still remember what it felt like to hold her in the little nest I made with my arms.    She was the most beautiful baby, who never got the chance to try and fly.

I'm also missing my Tomato DAD.   I know he would have loved to see these photos.  He's the one who inspired me to become a "birder".  Maybe these little guys are a gift from him.  They sure do make me smile.

7 comments:

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

that one looks like it will be trying to fly even before it has it's feathers.....a cushion sounds like a good idea....or maybe one of the dog beds....they don't always land where you think they will :)

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

You are right. All babies are precious even those little birdies. I do have to say, puppies are cuter than baby birdies (even Oreo's "gerbil" i mean puppy picture is way cuter. )

betty said...

And, you sure do make me cry. I love your image of Sabine nesting in your arms. Soon after, she would "...fly where only angels sing." (Celine Dion - Fly)
Dad would be the first to check you blog. He would love these cute nestlings. It is amazing how they have changes in only days. Aloha.

Caren Gittleman said...

I am so deeply sorry for your losses. I bet those precious baby birds ARE a gift from above (((hugs))))

Dawn said...

I bet little Sabine and Tomato Dad are both enjoying your blog, maybe even together. Now there's a thought. Hugs.

Chris and Ricky said...

Awww.... so sweet. Ricky and I had a mother robin get really irate with us when we got too close to her fledgling baby today. They are ferocious protectors. Maybe Sabine and Tomato Dad are together watching you and smiling.

Pippa Sheltie said...

Aww, they certainly made me smile too, Sara. You are very lucky to have a bird choose your place to lay eggs!
Have a super week,
Pippa :)