Tuesday, April 30, 2013

tricky t-day ~ opposites

Well, we were supposed to have "over" and "under" on verbal only cues by the end of this month.  However, I was a bit lax on my training.

Instead of verbal cues, the dogs are using the 'ol trial and error method.  Sometimes they get lucky, sometimes, not so much.  I do think Oreo knows the difference, but he doesn't always pay attention to what I'm saying.  Chewy, well, he's a work in progress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psJCGf3wL-g

We also worked on switching from "heel" to my other "side".  Both of them are pretty good at that move, since we've done so much perchwork.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IebdADVA3ZY


6 comments:

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

They are doing super good...that is one of Denny's favorite tricks. Love how chewy think just sticking his head under is enough .

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Pawsome job you guys! That seems so hard to do the over and under with only verbal cues. I was gonna say, I wonder if you can get Oreo or Chewy to do "Under" from your right side to the left side if you switched the treat to your left hand and kinda followed them thru with the treat. Butt that wont work if you are only using verbal cues.

The other video looks like a dance.

For some reason, I got the Hokey Pokey stuck in my head after watching these videos. Not sure how that happened.

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

your dogs are just fabulous. You are so good at training!
I love in the first video how Chewy was going to be sneaky and just partially do one of the commands til you caught him!
Chewy also looked so handsome doing his "heels" in the second video and poor Oreo having to work around the "treat hog!!" lol

Helen said...

Chewy getting in the way of Oreo is how all my sessions with two dogs go. I don't know how you get the one you're not training to stay out of the way.

Priscilla Phang said...

The boys are superb! Love how they go OVER and UNDER and then the HEEL and SIDE.

Your videos always make me want to start some trainings with Eva but then I've never made it in the end. Procrastination is my name. :)

Dawn said...

Oreo has such a cute little sideways hop. Reminds me of when he used to hop over Misty. Really nice "other"