Monday, April 1, 2013

mishmash monday

Man, I don't think 54 degrees every felt so good.

Both Oreo and Chewy spent some quality time sunbathing this Saturday.

While I spent some quality time with the rake, trying to find some green grass under all the brown gunk.

Chewy did awesome at agility this week. We really clicked. I think we're finally figuring each other out.  He's so fast, and I'm kinda dreading the day when we move back outside for class, because I think I'm going to realize how out of shape I am!

Chewy practices his teeter on his own all the time.  Cracks me up every time I hear it bang when I'm not looking.

Oreo did awesome at agility this week too.  After class, we did a little sniff n' stroll around the farm.  Instead of pulling me back to the car, Oreo sniffed, ate treats, and even dealt with people coming and going out of the parking lot without freaking out.  
If only he could be this relaxed everywhere we go.

My training group is working on a new trick for the month - teaching "opposites".  I'm going to try and teach my two to go over or under my arm or leg or something else (any ideas? don't want to use a bar, because that could back fire in agility) on a verbal command.  Anyone want to join me?  I'd love to see some of our friends try to learn this too!  Could be amusing.....

9 comments:

Pippa Sheltie said...

Oh, lucky you! What beautiful sunshine!
Chewy must be really determined to get his teeter right if he's practising on his own! I think that's so clever and cute!
I might join you with your over or under thingie, Eve sometimes does that with me, but I'm not that good...
Have a super week,
Pippa :)

Dawn said...

Katie spent 7.5 hours outside in her pen, sleeping in the sun and barking at all who dared to walk on her road on Sunday. It was lovely! Will have to think about the over/under thing...

Reilly / Denny Cowspotdogs said...

We had a warm 68 but it rained all morning...was beautiful in the afternoon but very soggy ground..got lots of weeding done though. When Denny was a pup I taught him over under.....sit on the floor with legs bent up enough for them to crawl under....jump over them first and then have them go under. Denny is to scared to do it now but her loved it when hi was a puppy.

Bailey said...

Bailey is still playing king of the hill on the snow piles. No raking here yet.

I love the shot of Chewy doing his own practice.

Helen said...

They look like they're really enjoying the sun. A lot of the snow in my yard has melted but my teeter will have to stay wrapped for awhile. :-(

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

I am so impressed with all that you teach my boys. I so wish you lived near me, I'd pay you to train mine!

Chris and Ricky said...

We thought 54 felt so good too! I am looking forward to more videos of you and Chewy doing agility! And yay for Oreo too!

Ricky does over and under my legs while I am sitting but it kind of ended up being pattern trained and not really an understand of each word I think.I also tried with a chair - on vs under and around.Good luck with your boys!

Diana said...

Its finally warming up here too. I just heard on the news it was the coldest March in 42 year in South Carolina. March was colder than January. No wonders its been so miserable. Good riddens to March.

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Mommys rake has duct tape holding it together. It's pretty pathetic. Come to think of it- our pooper scooper rake has duct tape holding that together too. See whenever mommy sees a snake in the yard , she throws things at it , and she usually breaks whatever she throws. Well if u need to borrow a rake cleaning your yard, u can definitely tell which ones r ours.