Tuesday, February 5, 2013

tricky t-day

I've been trying to teach Oreo how to roll up in a blanket since 2010! It simply is one of the cutest tricks out there.
click here for our previous attempt

Well, roll up in a blanket is our trick goal for this month.

Ricky's mom suggested trying it with something small, like a wash cloth, instead of the blanket.

Well....voila!  Oreo got it right away.  I was so excited!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0cCWT_HEmM



Yesterday, Oreo actually did roll himself up in a blanket, and I jackpotted him. But then, he wouldn't do it again.  I'm hoping his brain was just fried, and not that the trick scared him. I'll go back to the towel, maybe  a hand towel, for our next few sessions before trying with the blanket again.  He doesn't usually get scared about tricks, so I'm hoping his brain was just tired.

Chewy still has a long way to go on this one.  He's still learning "roll over" (which he is really clutsy & dramatic about) and "hold".  Hopefully he's paying attention to Smarty pants Oreo.

14 comments:

Ninette said...

Very cute Sara! I want to teach my Border Collies that one too!

Dawn said...

He's adorable.

Reilly / Denny Cowspotdogs said...

That was so cool...maybe a t-towel for the next step...it's a little bigger but not as heavy as the blanket.

houndstooth said...

Oh my gosh! That is just so darned cute! I cannot picture that trick ever happening at our house.

Chris and Ricky said...

Actually Ricky rolled himself in a blanket once and it did scare him and he never did it again. I can get him to lie on his side (bang) with a cloth of any size. He is wise to the smaller one. It's pretty interesting how they get something in their head and then can't let it go!

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Cute trick! I wanted to say something like it reminded Mommy of the movie "Annie" with the house staff cleaning and doing tricks while singing a song when Annie came to the mansion. That move Oreo did with rolling over with a towel looked like something the cleaning staff would do in that movie.

Priscilla Phang said...

What a cute trick and Oreo did it so well! Clever Oreo!!! Not sure whether Eva is smart enough to learn (or I'm smart enough to teach her, lol) or not. Anyway, I'd like to give it a try :)

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

this was soooo cute!

Reilly / Denny Cowspotdogs said...

Way to go on the t-towel - time to move to something heavier - try a hand towel. You know what also a good idea - what I used to teach Reilly -I made a small baby blanket with some light weight fleece.....it would work perfectly.

Sara said...

Thats a good idea. I can buy some fleece fabric at walmart.

Diana said...

OMG, Oreo is just to cute!!!

Sara said...

That is one of my favorite movies! Seriously, I was obsessed with Annie. I even found out the aileen queen, who played annie, phone number and called her! Next time, I'll put this trick to its a hard knock life music, just for you.

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

That would be a pawsome video! Mommy's been singing Annie tunes for days -- you can "bet your bottom dollar" on that one!

Ludo van Doggy said...

Well done Oreo! I leanrt with a little scarf. I can do it with a blanket now but i doesn't like to do it much.
~Lickies, Ludo