Wednesday, January 16, 2013

bunny escapade, the sequel

Jeff let the two hooligans out last night for their last potty break before bed.

I'm brushing my teeth and hear Jeff yelling, "CHEWY, CHEWY, CHEWY NO!!!!!"

Had to put my brush down, thinking I had left the gate open and Chewy was taking off down the driveway or something.

I go out, and all I see is Oreo standing on the step staring at me.  He might as well have been saying, "Chewy is being a bad, bad boy.  You need to punish him."

Then, words from the darkness, "Chewy had the rabbit in his mouth!!!!!"

Oh yes.  My little rabbit hunter.

I took my good dog Oreo inside, not wanting to witness any of this.

Later, I got the full story.

Of course, Oreo started the whole thing.  He spotted the rabbit and went into chase mode, growling at the poor creature.  He chased it right under the fence, and if you recall our last bunny escapade, sneaking under the fence didn't bode well for the rabbit.

Apparently, this bunny has been finding plenty to eat this winter.  He got stuck in the fence.

Chewy took advantage of the situation, and started pulling on the rabbit's legs like he was playing tug.

Jeff had to yank Chewy off the bunny, and the bunny squeezed through the fence and hopped away.

Jeff was all worried about the rabbit and told Chewy that he's not allowed to kill our resident animals!

Jeff tells me, "If you see the rabbit hobbling around tomorrow you can blame your dog!"

Of course, I am having a very hard time believing that Chewy could do any harm.

I think he simply was trying to engage the bunny in play.

Right?



15 comments:

Diana said...

He was just trying to help Pooh thur the rabbit hole.

corbinwooten said...

Haha @Diana!

But I agree-- Chewy doesn't look like a vicious killer to me!

Reilly / Denny Cowspotdogs said...

Chuckles - isn't it funny how they always become "your" dog when they do something wrong - just this morning hubby said it was "your" dog (Denny) that emptied the trash can on the floor last night and there is paper everywhere.

There is not way Chewy would kill a bunny - he just wanted to make sure it was safe and warm - in his tummy!!!!

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Chewy was trying to help the bunny out from the fence. Thats why the bunny was in Chewy's mouth.

I'm sure if Chewy had thumbs he would have been more careful in trying to rescue poor Thumper out from under the fence. I think Jeff needs to build a Bunny door in your fence and none of this would have happened! Blame Jeff on the limping Bunny -- not innocent Chewy!!!

Bailey said...

Oh Chewy. Rabbits are so tempting.

Chris and Ricky said...

That rabbit was lucky Jeff was there to save him! :)

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

of course!! He thought the rabbit was a toy!

Helen said...

Chewy was just trying to make a new friend.

andrea said...

OH CHEWIE!

Pippa Sheltie said...

Maybe he was helping the bunny out of the fence, eh? He's not a bad doggie, just a curious one!
Pip :)

Dawn said...

Oh Chewy, Chewy, Chewy. It is SO the rabbit's fault for not recognizing that this is DOG TERRITORY and they should stay on the otherside of the stinking fence. RIGHT?! RIGHT! And sure you weren't going to hurt the rabbit, just wanted to give it a heart attack. RIGHT? RIGHT! And I'm sure it's telling all it's brothers and sisters...and there will be a few hundred of them, to not venture into Mr. Chewy's garden.

Oh wait. That might be another story.

Sophie said...

Oh dear, Chewy! Lola chases rabbits all the time... but she's just too slow to catch them. Maybe she needs some sheltie pointers!

Priscilla Phang said...

Look! Chewy looks so innocent. He just mistook that rabbit's leg as a tug toy!

Ludo van Doggy said...

Oh my goodness!! BAD Chewy!
Of course bunny chasing of any kind be the cardinal sin here!
~Lickies, Ludo

Nicki said...

I'm sure play was all he intended...although many a rabbit has probably been played with to death!