Friday, December 21, 2012

snowflakes and rainbows

I had been hoping for a snow day today, but all we got was rain and wind.

Since we didn't get the real white stuff, many of us teachers had our students make paper snowflakes.  They will be sent to Sandy Hook Elementary to help decorate their new building with handcrafted love from across the country.

It was a nice way to start our holiday break.


Then, the rain gave us all a special treat. I saw this double rainbow during my hall duty. Can you see both of them?  It was pretty cool.  Funny how the pot of gold seems to be sitting on our brand new (very pricey) football field.

I'd love to send double rainbows to Sandy Hook as well!

If you'd like to send some snowflakes to Sandy Hook, go here to find out more information:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/katelyn-darroweystad/post_4254_b_2339750.html

8 comments:

Diana said...

Beautiful and thoughtful!

houndstooth said...

I'm on break already, but I saw an e-mail from our principal about the snowflakes. I think we're going to do some when we come back in January. Enjoy your break! :)

Reilly / Denny Cowspotdogs said...

How perfect..mom saw this link on Pinterest with all these amazing snowflake patterns but she didn't know what she would do with them all if she cut them out...well now she does...thank you for sharing that...love the rainbows

Chris and Ricky said...

The snowflakes are pretty and the idea to decorate the school is a wonderful one! Double rainbows are totally awesome! Enjoy your well-deserved holiday break!

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

that is a wonderful project, I am sure you will bring smiles to the kid's faces!
The rainbow was good luck for all of you!

Dawn said...

Excellent project. Yes I see them both, the rainbows...hopefully your school can dig up that pot of gold and pay for the football field! :) Have a wonderful holiday with your family, enjoy your time off and take a moment or 6 to relax and just be. I don't know how you teachers do it...I am totally in awe of you guys.

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Cool picture of the rainbow(s). Nice. The snowflakes for Sandy Hook sound wonderful.

Honey the Great Dane said...

Oh! I used to make snowflakes like those too when I was a little girl! :-)

Hsin-Yi