Monday, September 24, 2012

mishmash monday

Woke up the other day, and all the grass between the stones in our front path had been clawed up.  Pretty sure it was a woodchuck.
Can you spot him?

Jeff spent hours removing the mess.  Then, we planted very expensive grass seed, the kind "guaranteed to grow".  It is mixed with fertilizer/mulch, which I must have breathed in, because I was blowing red powder out my nose for the next three days.

The noxious seed lasted one day, then was diverted elsewhere by a heavy downpour.  $30 washed away.

I planted some cheap grass seed, the fast growing kind, and then these guys came along:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnPu9_9AzcI

I give up.

11 comments:

Priscilla said...

You do have lots of visitors, Sara!

Dawn said...

I laughed out loud at your last guests. This is why living in the country is so exciting. You never know what will show up day to day to eat your garden, your lawn, your shrubs or your newly planted trees.

Maybe just sweep in some cement dust and give up on the green. Or try creeping rosemary or thyme...a few plants here and there and in a lot of years it will have filled in! :)

Chris and Ricky said...

That is one happy flock of turkeys! :)

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

LOL !!! I was just catching up on posts from the weekend and I just read a post (maybe it was Dawn's) about how you can tell it's the end of summer. Then I read your post next. Wow -- you totally past summer & Halloween & jumped right into Thanksgiving with those turkeys. Wow time sure flies!!!

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

your home is an "all you can eat" buffet!!! :)

Sam said...

OMG - I think I'd give up too!

Sam

Reilly / Denny Cowspotdogs said...

Pavers look nice with just a pretty gravel around them....I think I might give up on the grass idea :) :) :)

corbinwooten said...

Bummer! But thanks for the smile :)

Astroturf?

betty said...

WOW!!! I can not believe that an entire village of turkeys arrived for a Thanks-giving Feast. Can you imagine all the good eggs that are going to be laid and hatched.
You may have to make a choice: no grass or turkey heaven. I still can not believe the number of wild turkeys in your garden. Thanks for the awesome post.

Dawn said...

Husband says to tell you about one Thanksgiving here, in 2004 when we were invaded with turkeys. They ate the birdseed off the feeder. In fact they stood ON the feeder. We had a turkey in the oven at the time. They didn't know how lucky they were...

Sara said...

I can't imagine a turkey ON a feeder!