Saturday, August 25, 2012

slip n' slide

Had my first agility trial slip/slide/fall today. I've seen it happen many times, but never had it happen to me!

Luckily, I was fine.

Also had another first - I took an obstacle myself!

After my fall, when I tried to get my ass back up, I ended up with my feet on the dog walk!  I did a perfect one on, one off, while Chewy gracefully went thru the tunnel like I asked.

I was the one who got us eliminated.  Apparently, they don't approve of humans taking obstacles!  Geez, the dogs have all the fun.

On our next two runs, Chewy decided to pay me back for embarrassing him in front of all his friends.

In this run, you'll see he refused to weave, and then sneakily chose the A-frame at the last second, instead of going in the tunnel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1zDiGMlvfM

Our second standard run went much better.  He did a flip into the tunnel from the a-frame, and then correctly chose the dogwalk in a dogwalk/tunnel discrimination.  However, he was still a bit annoyed with me and ran right on by the weave poles.  I didn't bring him back around though, because he had done every thing else so beautifully.  Such a good boy.

We had a long wait until our jumpers run. Maybe during that time, Chewy forgave me, because we had a perfect jumpers run, and got our first q in a very long time!

Chewy is a superstar!

13 comments:

Diana said...

Wait, where is the run where you fell?? We dont get so see it? Aww, man. LOL Nice run. Congrats on your Q. whoohoo!!

Sara said...

I wish I had it on video! It would be perfect for mishmash monday!

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

We don't believe you. There's got to be a video of you falling down and saying a bunch of HBO words while trying to be a Sheltie and do the agility course. No fair!!! On a serious note, glad you are ok. Sounds scary about the fall. Mommy was just having a conversation with someone today about people falling down. Especially seniors (not to say you are a senior) butt in general about the right way to fall down on your butt -- instead of falling down and hitting your head. Mommy said, it's a good thing she is bit overweight and has a nice round bottom to cushion her fall -- just in case.

houndstooth said...

Ha! I was going to ask why the fall wasn't recorded, too! :P I hope you're okay. It sounds like Chewy is quite a taskmaster! lol

Chris and Ricky said...

I was going to say the same thing - where is the video of you fall/slip/sliding? Bummer that you didn't get it on video! LOL!

Chewy IS a superstar - looks like he is so much fun to run!

katie, Maizey and Magnus said...

Is it rude to say thanks for the laugh? I only laugh cause I'm a huge klutz who falls all the time and I'm not even trying to do something as hard as agility! I agree- Chewy IS a super star!! Congratulations!

Priscilla said...

Can I say the same thing like them? I do think it would be more interesting if that fall/slip/sliding were in the video. LOL!

Chewy is a bundle of joy. Congratulations!!!



Dawn said...

I can't believe how well Chewy is doing while only a little over a year old, and he sure does seem to be having a blast! All the attention and he gets to run and jump too? Must be heaven for him.

Glad you're OK....I think the humans can get as injured as the dogs during agility!

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

YAY CHEWY!!!!! I am sorry you fell too, and happy you are ok, but....I am with Diana...I want to see it :)

Reilly / Denny Cowspotdogs said...

glad to hear you are okay - that is always scary when you slip - but chewy is doing awesome even with his little payback :)

andrea said...

YAY for jumpers q and YAY for you being ok ...so sorry you fell

I'm sure it seems like ages since you had a Q but think about how little time you've had together :)

Chewie is still a baby!

Nicki said...

I fell over the corner of the a-frame once. When I told my friend, she first asked if I was ok, when I said I was, she proceeded to laugh at me. Of course, had she been paying attention she would have known I was in the ring and gotten to see the whole thing firsthand.

Kathy said...

You guys are awesome!!!! Sorry about the fall but love your attitude- it has to happen to all of us so glad you got tat out of he way! You guys look great :-)!!!!!!!