Monday, April 2, 2012

gully & fairy houses


Instead of mishmash this Monday, it is time for a gully update!
January

February

March

April
If you look real close, there are small buds on the trees.  And did you notice some trees were missing?  Jeff cut down the sumacs a couple weeks ago.

I expect a dramatic change by May 1st!

There are so many things I could/should be doing.  Spring cleaning, raking, school stuff....but why do that when you can make a miniature walkway and stone wall around your fairy door?

And here's a fairy house that I started (i want to make a whole village!).  I would have made more progress,but Chewy kept stealing my building materials.  Hence the lopsidedness.



15 comments:

betty said...

What sweet retreats. You're village will fill up quickly. I know Amelia will be interested. She loves making Fairy Houses in the hollows of trees. Yours main residence has a very impressive front door.

euthymic said...

Nice photos. Chewy has got to stop wrecking your adorable fairy house!

Dawn said...

Aww...what a great place you live in, complete with fairy village! Chewy is just jealous that you're doing something that doesn't revolve around HIM! :)

Diana said...

OMG that fairy house door on the tree is sooo cute!!

Love the snow picture gully the best.

Priscilla said...

Awww, the fairy village is so cute and I love the fairy house door; everything is so pretty!

Imagine the visit from the fairies, hopefully they won't be frightened by Chewy and who knows, they might teach Chewy not to steal anything from the village anymore. LOL!

Chris and Ricky said...

The fairy door and house are so cute! Very creative and very fun!

I am looking forward to seeing the gully in the summer!

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

So cute! Your very own smurf village!!! Love it!

pooky said...

What a cool idea!!! Can't wait to see more...as long as chewy stops "helping"...lol

houndstooth said...

*squeeee* I love it! Oh, I need some of those! I have the mushrooms already. That is just so darned cute!

Helen said...

Love your fairy house!!! That's really cute. Maybe Chewy wanted to make his own.

Kathy said...

That is sooo cool! Your land looks like such an awesome natural place for a fairy house :-)

My way said...

Welcome to my blog

http://my-way-here.blogspot.com

Reilly / Denny Cowspotdogs said...

Oh my gosh - that fairy door and garden and just the cutest ever !!!! I want ...I want.....I want :) :)

Honey the Great Dane said...

I like the March gully picture best...and oh! I just LOVE that little fairy door!!! :-)

Hsin-Yi

Ellen said...

Oh your Fairy home is adorable! I love the mushooms...and the cute door door. I hope you share more as your village grows...and tell Chewy no swiping any of it!