Thursday, February 23, 2012

who's smarter?

I met one of my former students for lunch this week.  During lunch, he asked if I could give him a ride up to his college so he could attend a student senate board meeting. Given the fact that he will be Governor someday, I agreed, but cautioned that he'll probably end up covered in dog hair.

We walked out to my car, and he saw the sticker on my back window that reads, "My dog is smarter than your honor student."

He laughed, shook his head, and said, "Really?  That's what you think?"

Hmmm.  This kid was one of my "honor students", but is he smarter than Oreo?

I laughed, and proceeded to vigorously lint roll the passenger seat.

9 comments:

Two Dogs, One Camera said...

LOL! I give the same warning to people getting in my car! Glad I'm not the only one frantically brushing the seats off!

I think Oreo is smarter! :)

euthymic said...

Whether Oreo is smarter than your honor student is moot. Oreo is definitely cuter:)

Mocha Barney, Ashley Pumpernickel and Winniechurchill

Reilly / Denny Cowspotdogs said...

I would give Oreo the vote - dogs in general are smarter. I mean to say - they get to sleep probably 16 hours out of each day, they have houses as kennels, get the best food and treats, have humans that work to support them, get the best medical care, get pampered with endless loving and they don't pay taxes - seems to me they have it made :) :) :)

Dawn said...

Yea, dogs have it all figured out. But I'd tell the student they were BOTH smart..just in different ways, so as to not hurt the student's feelings! LOL!

Chris and Ricky said...

LOL! I'd vote for a dog over an honor student any day!:)

That picture of Oreo is hilarious and priceless!

pooky said...

This is soooo funny!! Well, of course we know who's smarter *wink*

houndstooth said...

Ha ha ha! It's okay to admit that your dog is smarter! Give the kid something to strive for! ;)

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Maybe the student can team up with Oreo to win the political seat! Who wouldn't vote for Oreo's cute face on a campaign poster!

Diana said...

Ive seen that bumper sicker a lot. It always crackes me up. I think to myself "really???" LOL