Tuesday, February 14, 2012

tricky t-day ~ Valentine's Day Special

Happy Valentine's Day (or Happy Hallmark Gets Rich Day)!

In honor of this day of love (or day of eating too much candy), I wanted to show our progress on the "catch & hug in a sit up position" trick (surely there is a condensed name for this trick?  anyone?).

Oreo is finally catching the bottle (and I'm kinda throwing it)!   We have been working on this trick for ages. Success!  It feels good to have an actual end result to show off.  

Chewy is now hugging the bottle in a sit up(at least for a split second)! It may look easy, but this was really hard for Chewy to learn.  Chewy's balance skills took forever. He still has work to do, but I'm so proud of him!  Although, I wasn't so proud of Chewy when he ate the entire foot of his chase-it squirrel toy. Swallowed the thing whole.  That was my Valentine's day gift from Chewy...a vomitted squirrel foot that had stewed in his belly for 24 hours.  Simply, precious.

Anyway, here's the love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6E95iQe7Fg



14 comments:

Dawn said...

Oreo - "I'll hug the bottle for you Mom. OH. I get a treat too?"

Chewy - "Where are the treats? Where are the treats? What's this stupid bottle doing here? Where are the treats?"

Priscilla said...

I love Dawn's!

The video is so funny and you've two very clever and enthusiastic boys.

Happy Valentine's to all of you, Sara!

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

I like how Oreo kept his chin up even when he toppled over! He's a good sport. Loved the video.

Diana said...

Well done!!!! Great job.

corbinwooten said...

Again, very impressive!

And when Oreo fell over I laughed. What a cutie!

Bailey said...

Oreo you are impressive.

Lian said...

Brilliant! Just brilliant!!!

Rob said...

I like how Oreo appears to catch the bottle without looking at it.

Chris and Ricky said...

Oreo's catch and hug is fantastic! Good job Chewy - on the trick - however - bad job on the vomitted squirrel foot!

Sophie said...

Oh my god, Oreo is just TOO adorable in that trick!

Chewy is so hyper and happy, like my silly little one.

houndstooth said...

Oreo! *squeeeee* Could he be any more adorable?! I think not!

Still giggling about your "present" and reaction to it!

Honey the Great Dane said...

Oh Oreo does it so well!!! It looks So adorable when he hugs that bottle...I so want to teach Honey this trick now - it just looks so gorgeous - but there is no way that Honey can ever balance up like that AND hug something with her front paws. She can barely stay up in a "Beg" for a split second...

But still, you're so inspiring - I think I might still teach her to do a Sort-of-Hug trick...even if she has to lean on me and only hug with 1 paw...hee! hee!

Hsin-Yi

pooky said...

Super!!! They both did an awsome job....you did pretty good yourself mom:)) ♥hugs♥ to you all:)

Ervina's Blog said...

This is awesome, I must teach Bella this