Tuesday, February 7, 2012

tricky t-day ~more weaving

Oreo has been doing so well on his tricks, but I didn't have time to video anything this week.

I did video Chewy doing weaves (again!).  The poles are close enough that they are now hitting his body.

We are going to work this phase for a few more weeks. Any closer together, and he'll be doing too much bending.  I want to wait until he at least hits his first birthday.

What I may do is start adding on poles, and work up to 12.  That is if the weather stays dry.  I can't really fit more than 6 on my rubber matting in the basement.

I'll start doing around the clock entries as well.

Anyhoo, here's Chewy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqG8PJo3bkM

Last night at agility class, Chewy was running thru their channel weaves without bowls or a target at each end.  I was really happy that he was able to generalize.

14 comments:

Dawn said...

Look at those little weaves! Good boy Chewey!

Diana said...

It looks really good. You can also try throwing the toy again and see how he does. Or throw a bait bag. Just to change it up now that he seems to "get it".

Chris and Ricky said...

Awesome! I have never really watched a dog learn to weave with the channels so it is fun for me to see the process!

corbinwooten said...

Looking good, Chewy!

Ally Lifewithally said...

I loved watching your video ~ such a clever Doggie ~ Ally x

Kathy said...

Chewy is so amazing and it is obvious you are really enjoying him and having a blast--that is so cool

pooky said...

Thanks for sharing this!! I always wondered how "the parents" got their babies to weave. Good job chewy!! Looking good;))

Sam said...

I'd like to try a set of channel weaves - weaves are the one thing we are still struggling at. I've been working Sam around one pole at a time, sending him out and calling him back in. It's working, but boy, it isn't pretty!

Sam

Rob said...

Hi Sara, He's getting the hang of that okay.

Helen said...

Nice weaves! Chewy learns fast.

That's probably a good idea to wait until he's 1 yr old to do too many weaves. At the dog training facility where I took Beckett, you can only register for the two by two weaves class when your dog is 12 mos old, Beckett was a little younger so they did make a bit of an exception.

Can you send him to the target dish? Or as someone else said, maybe now throw a bait bag, you should throw it straight in line with your weaves so he drives out from the weaves.

houndstooth said...

He's gotten so much faster at those weave poles! I love seeing him in action!

Ninette said...

Very good - he's doing very well!!

Lian said...

Excellent!

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

What -- no liverwurst in the foodbowls in class! I would have protested big time if that were me!