Friday, January 20, 2012

yet another weave update!

Diana gave me some great suggestions for sending Chewy through the weaves.

In this video, I put some liverwurst on a target that I placed at the end of the poles.  Then, I sent Chewy through, ran to the end and fed him some more on the target.

I think you'll see he is now driving to the end!  Yay!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkeOBZI0SBQ




I'd love to try this outside, but we had snow/melt/ice/snow and some more snow tomorrow.  Not enough snow to be anything but a bother.  Where is the real snow already?

8 comments:

Helen said...

He loves liverwurst, that's for sure.

Dawn said...

Liverwurst! I LOVE liverwurst and hadn't thought about it for a long time. I'll come run through your weave poles if you like! Kinda show Chewy the ropes doncha know.

Will send you some snow. We have extra.

Sara said...

Lol! You running thru the poles...now that would be a good video!

Diana said...

Looks great!!

Reilly / Denny Cowspotdogs said...

there you go - there is nothing better then a nice smelly treat to get a doggies focus - way to go Chewy you will be weavin with the best of them in no time.

As for snow - oh oh you may regret asking for some although so far it seems pretty limited everywhere this year - unless you live in Nome, Alaska !

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Fantastic!! I like the target plate method because it keeps the dog focused forward and doesn't teach them to look back at you upon exiting the poles. Chewy picked up a lot of speed!

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Liverwurst! That's my favorite! I hope mommy makes us some ghetto weave poles this spring -- she better start stocking up on liverwurst now! Oh that sounds like my kind of sport!

Kathy said...

All right Chewy!!!