Tuesday, January 3, 2012

tricky t-day ~ first trick video of 2012

Lots of tricks in progress!  I think we may be working on too many at the same time!

Chewy is doing amazingly well with jumping on high, small objects.  Had to backtrack that one with Oreo, because he lost his confidence at some point.  Now, I am getting better jumping from Oreo, so hopefully, we will progress.

One trick both dogs got was alternating front legs (with paw high in air).  A pretty basic, easy trick to teach.  Oreo is really close to learning alternating back legs.

Hope you enjoy.  We aren't perfect, but I think it is cheerful.  I left out my attempts to teach my dogs to "clean". Not going so well.  I guess the dogs think they deserve a maid, and mopping is beneath them.  Snobs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GAspF1Gl2o

Finally broke down and ordered a set of channel weave poles!  Hoping to teach Chewy to weave over the next couple months, or at least get him to run thru the channel.  That should be entertaining.  Wish me luck.  Jeff thinks Chewy is too crazy to learn them.  He may be right.

16 comments:

Lian said...

WOW! Chewy is stunning young man. He looks so handsome in the video and I love his keen attitude to learn. Oreo's alternate back legs is really impressive!!

Priscilla said...

What a cheerful video!

Chewy is so eager to learn and boy, he can really jump high! Oreo is doing very well too.

Amazing boys!!!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

That is fantastic!! Look at Chewy fly up onto that stool. Wow! It is so high! And Oreo is amazing with his alternating back legs and front legs too. You are making great progress.

You didn't want to try the 2x2 weaving method? I think I will if I ever get another dog. Chewy will learn to weave though - I don't think he's too crazy. :)

Berts Blog said...

WE love LOVE LOVE the trick videos. More more more

bert

Diana said...

OMG is that impressive. If Chewy can learn all those tricks, he can learn to weave. No problem.

akgvizslainspiration said...

great moves! I might be able to teach Luna the raised paw. She will already shake and hi-five with either. Just will be hard to get her to not want to smack my hand. Maybe the finger gesture you do will help. Thanks for the idea, and great work.
Anna
www.akginspiration.com

Bailey said...

Wow. Chewy has the moves and I love watching Oreo with the leg movements.

houndstooth said...

When did Chewy fill out? Holy smokes! He looks like a grown up dog now! They both look great doing their tricks. I'm always so impressed by all that you can get them to do!

andrea said...

TOO CUTE!!
and ummm errr
If Sally can weave Chewy can weave - I have NO DOUBT at all :)

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

Awwww Chewy isn't "crazy" he is just FULL of PERSONALITY!!!! He is such a unique little guy!!! I love that he hasn't lost his zest for life! lol!!!!!

This video had me SMILING the entire time I watched it! So much fun!

Dawn said...

Crazy? Chewy? No way...sharp as a whip though. Ok. A little crazy. But the more crazy the better to learn weaves! I think. Maybe. Can't wait to see. ANYWAY...does Chewy know he can probably jump up on the kitchen counter yet?

Kathy said...

Are you kidding Chewy is going to be amazing at weaves, he is sooo cute and you are doing so terrific with him, it is so much fun to watch him growing up. the tricks are awesome you guys are all superstars!!!

Kathy said...

PS I love the alternating back legs, those are great, I want to try that, and what a great strengthening and rear end awareness thing, I LOVE it!!

Reilly / Denny Cowspotdogs said...

that is awesome - both boys are doing so great and look so happy. Chewy looks like he has grown quite a bit, he looks like he is almost as tall as Reilly! Reilly is 18" - he's a big boy.

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

It looks like the dogs are playing patty cake alternating the front paws like that -- how cool is that!

Honey the Great Dane said...

Aww...gorgeous video! Chewy is such a clever boy...and wow, he DOES jump high!!