Thursday, August 18, 2011

What Oreo knows

I decided to make a list of all the tricks Oreo knows, because sometimes I forget what I've already taught him.  Luckily, I've documented his entire life on youtube! 

My list ended at trick #52.  Although, some tricks are twofers...like spin right/spin left could be two separate tricks, but I counted them as one.  Also, none of our agility or rally "tricks" were included, and I left out "sit", "down" and "stay", because I don't consider them tricks, more mainstays.

Now that I have a list, we can review stuff, and also start teaching Chewy some as well.

This also made me realize that Oreo has a HUGE vocabulary!  All those tricks, plus cookie, dinner, treat, outside, potty, pee, poop, bed, ball, go get it, breakfast, cheerioes, snacktime!, Daddy, look at that, with me, mat, etc.
He's a pretty special dog.  Now if only I could teach him not to worry so much.

Here is our list, if anyone wants to look at it!

11 comments:

Priscilla said...

My mouth dropped wide open.

Oh.My.God.

andrea said...

I've said it before - and I'll say it again I'm sure ..Sally wants to move in with you :)

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Such an impressive list!! Chewy now has his work cut out for him to equal his brother's prowess! I too wish that Oreo could learn to worry less - maybe it will happen at the new house!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

That is a beautiful picture of Oreo!! I looked at the list and went OMG!!! Would you mind if I send Holly to your house for training!!! She knows sit and will give me her paw!! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

Helen said...

Oreo, I am impressed!!! My guys only know their agility tricks. And I do lve the new header photo. Hard to get a black dogs eyes.

Rob said...

Maybe its because he is so smart that he is a bit nervous at times. I think you need to take some credit for him being smart.

Diana said...

Wow, thats a lot of tricks!! Very Impressive. I read your army wife post. LOL, too funny. I think all military post are the same. The sleezy joints before you get on base. What is with that????? Thats how it is here too. And all the cars pulling over while you were driving and you just kept driving, LOL. That cracked me up.

houndstooth said...

Oreo is a genius! Perhaps his extreme intelligence is part of what makes him such a worrier. He's got quite an impressive repertoire!

Dawn said...

I agree, he's too intelligent to let worrisome things go. Other dogs are just la la la la....oblivious. Not Oreo! So funny, I was going to blog about Katie and her ability to ignore all the words she hears from me...

Sophie said...

What an awesome list! Oreo is just too clever!

Nicki said...

He's one smart cookie. lol.