Tuesday, August 16, 2011

tricky t-day ~ back feet up

Chewy has seemed to go from a puppy to a dog overnight (looks wise anyway).  I hardly recognize him sometimes!  He'll be 6 months old tomorrow and he's10 pounds.  Not sure what that means for his adult size, since I packed Oreo's puppy book.

Anyhoo....onto tricks.

Part of Silvia's class is teaching the pups the beginning steps of a handstand.  Right now, I'm clicking for using alternating feet to back up on an object.  I was so glad I videoed this training session, because I notices that Chewy likes to lift his right leg first more often than his left.  We'll have to work harder on the other leg.  Ideally, both legs should be lifting at the same time, and you'll see that happen twice (very exciting for me, because I've been struggling to get Oreo to do the same).  That's why you don't want the dog lifting the same leg all the time, because they won't understand it is a two legged operation.

http://vimeo.com/27667157


This may be our last tricky t-day for awhile.  It's time to pack up the tripod, and I'm not sure when it will resurface!  Not to worry, we will still be training, and hopefully will have something exciting to show when we are finally settled.


11 comments:

Priscilla said...

Pretty amazing!!! Enjoy packing!! I can't wait to see how Oreo enjoys his new house!

Diana said...

Very exciting to see that. Great job. Good luck with the move!

Dawn said...

So fun! Have a good move Sara, hope it all goes smoothly!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Great job! You are getting so much out of Silvia's lessons! Chewy must be such a joy to work with. Hope all goes well with your move to the new house!

Lassiter Chase and T said...

Wow Chewy was great -- loved the music too! Chewy is really growing up fast. Even if it only takes you a couple of days to unpack the tripod -- I'm sure I won't even recognize Chewy anymore for his next video.

houndstooth said...

That is impressive! I don't know if any of our dogs would even think about doing that!

andrea said...

really .. you need to borrow Sally for a bit -she would LOVE tricky tday ...

Happy happy packing and safe move ..:)

Reilly / Bree said...

Yikes - either Chewy is a skinny dog or Denny is a fatty. He was at the vets yesterday for his 15 week shot and weighs 8.5 pounds. The vet said that his weight was just perfect. I know what you mean about them growing up so fast - blink and they have another inch to them !

Sara said...

My vet says Chewy's weight is perfect. I like to keep my dogs lean and muscular. Prevents injuries that way.

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Amazing!! Chewy is really growing now...by the time we see him in the new house, he will be the size of Oreo!!! Good luck moving!! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

I noticed right away how Chewy had grown in your new blog header which is ADORABLE!

You just amaze me with how you have trained your babies. I feel so lazy :(

Best of luck with your move. I know how busy you have to be. Can't wait to see your new "digs!!"