Thursday, August 18, 2011

7 links

Kristine over at Rescued Insanity challenged me with this task, come up with 7 links to past posts to meet the criteria found below.

OMG, I have almost 1200 posts!  How to narrow it down? 

I tried my best.


1.  My most beautiful post My Good Girl, which describes my sweet girl Misty. Loved that dog, and know I will never have another dog as wonderful as her.

2.  My Most popular post:  Luckily, blogger did the math for me! I went to blogger stats and found that my post with the most hits ever is My dog can't jump, 622 hits.  Apparently, a lot of people google dogs who can't jump.

3.  My Most Controversial:  Deep South Part One - Army Wife

Yes, I was a bad army wife, with a horrible attitude. 

This post was written tongue in cheek and apparently a lot of people either lack a sense of humor or don't understand sarcasm.

I didn't  mean to bash the army, as I have the utmost respect for our service people and their families. It is a very difficult lifestyle, one that I was unable to endure.  I thought I was somewhat self deprecating in this piece.

Others did not.

I've gotten a lot of "hate" comments from "happy" army wives as a result.  I deleted them.  They were really mean comments for such happy people.

4.  My most helpful: Rocks falling from the sky  Lesson taught...don't leave treat bag on roof of car on your way to agility class.

5.  A post whose success surprised me: Sink Hole sagas  Yes, a lot of people google sink holes as well! I've had almost 400 hits on that post.  Makes me feel like some sort of sinkhole expert. 

6.  Post that didn't get the attention it deserved:Mole patrol Funny, classic story.

7.  Post that I am most proud of: This was the hardest one for me!  My dogs provide moments of pride all the time.  I opted for "Few Words", which shows Oreo's success in last year's DOCNA nationals.  I'm proud of my dogs a lot, but that day was huge.

Now, I'm supposed to pass this task on.  I'm not naming names, but I think some of you might enjoy the task.

OK?  You're IT!

11 comments:

Diana said...

Im going to have to go read the Army one. It must be a good one.LOL Sorry you got hate mail. Knowing you its probably really funny! I cant wait. Diana

Dawn said...

I don't remember the Army one either...on my way to read.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

I just went back and read the majority of these - I had never read the posts from 2007 - before we knew each other. I loved them all! You are such an engaging storyteller!

Lassiter Chase and T said...

Recently I looked over some of your older posts with Mommy. But we couldn't get thru all of them -- 1200 posts. Wow, no wonder we couldn't get thru all of them. I think the post we enjoyed reading the most was similar to the mole story. It was called Mole Patrol 2. It was the one where you asked Jeff does he have a bb-gun because something was eating the flowers by Munchkin's memorial-- and you said that eating of the flowers by the memorial was just "unacceptable." Then Jeff set off the fireworks under the porch to try to scare the mole or bunny out. That post made Mommy laugh so much. Now Mommy uses the phrase "unacceptable" -- she got this from reading your post. You rubbed off on her!

Bailey said...

What a neat reflection exercise. You picked some interesting ones.

andrea said...

The army one is hilarious - not sure how I missed that one ... and yup self deprecating is a good word for it ...:)

What a neat idea ...thanks for sharing some excellent posts - the mole patrol series has long been a favourite of mine :)

♥I am Holly♥ said...

I just read the army post and laughed myself out of the chair!! I can tell you were being funny and not downing their life style. The others are funny too...I must have joined long after all of the posts and I'm so glad I did!! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

Helen said...

Read your Army wife post. Better to be in the Army than an Army wife. I did 26 years, 7 with the Air Force and 19 with the Army. It's not so bad.

Sara said...

Helen, I so admire you for that!

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

I was just telling the breeder that we got Dakota from how impressed I am with his vocabulary! That must be a trait of Shelties!

Just Ramblin' said...

I have been enjoying your blog for quite some time and have read through your archives. I just thought you should know that you are a “Noteworthy Archive Award Winner”. You have some treasures hidden in your archives and this award will let others know that it is well worth their time to take a walk through your archives. Here is the information about this award http://wp.me/p1n5oG-kM and where you can get your badge to show others you have great archives worth reading. http://justramblinpier.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/noteworthy-archive-blog-badge1.jpg
Congrats and enjoy!
Just Ramblin’