Tuesday, July 12, 2011

tricky T-day ~level 2 rally moves

Well, Oreo hasn't had his own tricky t-day in a few weeks.  So unfair.

Our rally class has started practicing some moves for Level 2.  I'll show you a few in this week's video.

One is the 180 degree pivot.  I think this one is harder for the handler than the dog.  Your feet pretty much have to remain on the ground and touching each other the whole time.  Oreo prefers the left turn, which is odd.  Most dogs have a harder time with the left, because they have to swing their back end around, rather than just following along.  Oreo has done so much back end work that it is easy for him. You'll see I have to reset him in heel position when we go right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7ND9tXQ7OU

12 comments:

Dawn said...

Yea Oreo! These look like fun ways to get some time in together. I was pivoting right at Rally class last year when I stepped on Katie's tail and she screamed and I screamed and we were done for the day as she wouldn't get close to me again! LOL. She still gives me a wide berth sometimes.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

oreo's pivot backwards is awesome! wow - ricky has a hard time with that and so do i. 180? i was never good at math - lol!

Lassiter Chase and T said...

Wow. Those tricks look really hard to me -- but you make them look so easy. Keep up the good work Oreo! I hope my mommy doesn't get any ideas like that for me -- I like to try the Chewy type of tricks -- the Oreo tricks are way out of my league! (I am still working on Chewy's bang trick -- but Chewy is way better at it than me.)

Bailey said...

Oreo you are amazing. Mom is never going to get us doing that.

Kathy said...

all right Oreo! What a good boy! Rally ring, here you come!

houndstooth said...

Oreo, you've got some awesome moves! You look like a natural! Some of those are pretty tough to do.

Rob said...

Hi Sara, that's the trouble with puppies, they demand your attention. It's always fun to watch Oreo doing stuff.

Sophie said...

Rally stuff always looks so awesome when it starts coming together! Way to go Oreo!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Great video!!! Oreo can move!! Two very smart dogs and a very excellent trainer!!! I could never train Holly like that...it wasn't that she couldn't learn...I just never knew what I was doing! Lots of love, Debbie

Bailey Be Good! said...

Loved watching the video!! Awesome moves! :)

Woofs & hugs,

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

Diana said...

That looks hard for both dog and people. How do dogs figure out all these things we want them to do??? LOL Great music.

Just Ramblin' said...

You are so talented!