Tuesday, July 5, 2011

tricky t-day ~ bang

I've been teaching Chewy the classic "bang" trick using toys as his reward.

He is a bit distracted in the video (Oreo was chewing on something yummy), but he still was able to perform for me.  There is a lot of playing in between each "bang", but I edited most of that out.

http://vimeo.com/25761096


Yesterday, Jeff and I went to a local ski resort, Jiminy Peak, to play on their alpine slide and mountain coaster. It was super fun.  Hoping to go back and do their zipline course.
mountain coaster

alpine slide


Couldn't take photos while going down the ride, since I had to control the thing.  We did each ride twice, so we could go faster the second time!  The slide is like a bobsled, and the coaster is, well like a coaster, but you control how fast you want to go.  Of course, we wanted to go the max 23mph!  FUN!
IMAG0516
going up!
The nice part was both tracks wove through the trees, so it was pretty.
IMAG0519
It was so peaceful riding up the chair lift to get to the alpine slide.

IMAG0520
 There are a ton of windmills on top of the mountains. They cause a lot of controversy around here, but I think they are so pretty.

Here is the one at the summit:
I see this windmill on my way to agility class.   First time I got to see it up close.
Hard to see, but on top of the mountain in the distance are at least 8 windmills.
IMAG0514
can you see them?
And a great sign...with a lot of truth to it.
IMAG0515
Jeff got stuck behind a slow person (surprisingly, it wasn't me!) at the end of his ride, kinda ruined his screech to a halt finish.

There was a sign at the top of the alpine slide that read, "If it starts raining, get off the track and walk down."

They must mean it, because the ride was delayed opening due to water on the track.

16 comments:

Rob said...

I think Chewy did really well, I know that if Tommy was eating something the only thing Tess would have been concentrating on would have been how to get it off him before he eat it all. That place you went looks like a great day out. We have the same trouble with the windmills here too.

Dawn said...

How fun is that place!!! I'd want to go fast too! And Chewey is just the cutest thing. Already doing tricks!

Lassiter Chase and T said...

Mommy always wondered how to teach the bang trick -- she says is it really as easy as it looks. Of course you did really well especially with Oreo eating in the background. I would never be able to concentrate with someone eating to distract me. You did great!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

chewy is brilliant doing his bang trick for toys! it is really fun to revisit these tricks through your puppy.

the slide and coaster look very cool - i would love to try the zipline too!

Jules said...

Wow, you are brave! I am so not a ride person, but that looks gorgeous and fun.

And I am so impressed with Chewy!

Kristine said...

That park looks like so much fun!! I am so jealous you live so close to a place like that. What a terrific way for the ski hill to use the space in the summer. I'd love a chance to control my own coaster like that. Just so cool! That swing looks equally awesome.

Last fall I went on a zipline for the first time. I was nervous at first but as soon as I pushed off I forgot all about the fear and just enjoyed the ride. I hope to go on a much longer one at some point and wish there was more close by.

Thanks for sharing your photos! Now I am seriously considering a trip to Massachusetts!

andrea said...

So cool - what an excellent way to start summer - tricks and rides :)

Sophie said...

Chewy's 'bang' is just too adorable! It's funny you shared it today, too, as I've spent Lola's food this morning revisiting her bang bang. :) Chewy is happier to hold it for longer though, it seems!

The ski resort looks fantastic. I like windmills, too.

Bailey said...

Chewy's doing a great job. That place looks like fun.

houndstooth said...

What a cool place! I would love having something like that here! I definitely would NOT be the slow person! :P

I love the bang trick, and I wish I had the patience to teach one of our dogs to do it!

Kathy said...

What a cutie Chewy is and looks like he really likes working for the toy as a reward, that is very cool. The alpine slide looks so cool, what fun!!!!

Reilly / Bree said...

You have to stop giving Chewy fertilizer - my dogness he growing faster then a weed :) :) :) Look how tall he is now! He is doing fabulous on his tricks.

Mack and Murph said...

Wow, Chewy! You are doing so well on all your tricks. We are really impressed.

Mack & Murph

Blog da Mari! said...

nice trickk!
way to go Chewy!
=D

Diana said...

Love Chewys trick. I see your not just using treats for rewards. Good for you. I messed that up with Miley. She will play with toys but anything agility or learning, "where's my treat". LOL

Whne I was a kid , my brother and I did an alpine slide in NH. Very scary. You're brave, I dont think I could do it now.

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Chewy is always doing great!! Those rides look like fun! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly