Sunday, July 3, 2011

Need a hankerchief!

Notice somethin'?
How about now?

All my teeth were yanked out by my dad, using a hankerchief. He always has one in his back pocket. Where does one buy a hankerchief anyway?  Or do you just have to have them stockpiled from the 1950's?

I don't know why Chewy looks twice as big as Oreo in my new header photo.  He's not.  Chewy is half the size of Oreo.

Took Chewy to an agility trial yesterday.  I was so impressed when people, at a distance, called out his name and Chewy turned immediately and started walking their way.  What a good boy.

Oreo didn't want to get out of the car.  Even though it was a super small trial, I didn't push it, and let him stay in the the safety of the car.

Oreo prefers hanging out in his backyard.
 I think he's smart.  It's a good place to be.

13 comments:

katie, Maizey and Magnus said...

I was just wondering that same thing about handkerchiefs.LOL Random I know, I mean how often does one think about handkerchiefs.;) So glad you're enjoying your new boy and so glad you know enough to respect Oreo and what he needs, all the while loving him so much!:))

Diana said...

My husband still carries a handkerchief. You have to go to nicer stores to get them.

Oreo is smart. Sometimes I dont want to get out of the car either. LOL

Ricky the Sheltie said...

great pics! esp the last one of oreo.

Just Ramblin' said...

Very cool that you are meeting the various needs of your pups. Not easy to do. : ) Beautiful photos by the way!

Helen said...

I was going to say the same thing about your header picture. Chewy looks so grown up already. Love your yard.

Jules said...

Yay, Chewy. It's wonderful you have so many local trials you can bring him to.

He looks like he is going through a growth spurt in your header! :)

Dawn said...

Hey Oreo boy, you have the right idea. There's no place like home. You look pretty handsome by your Mama's flowers too! Chewey is a character...to each dog his own!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

I have a few friends that still carry handkerchiefs...no idea where they buy them! Chewy looks larger because he is standing up and Oreo is sitting down but he really looks like he is growing!! Beautiful pictures!! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

Oreo sounds a lot like our Dakota. He is even the same age. Dakota goes to the park and prefers to sit on a bench (or under one lol) instead of running, playing or walking. I am sure if he saw your yard he would fall in love with it. You have a beautiful yard, Oreo is one smart guy!

Kathy said...

Look at those long legs Chewy is getting. I want to hang out in your back yard, I can not blame Oreo for liking it there one bit!

Anonymous said...

Chewy has his baby teeth pulled the same way you had yours pulled by Dad with a big white handkerchief...no way could I pull them out... Mom

Marie said...

If my backyard looked like yours, I'd rarely venture out either. It always looks like a park. :-)

Sophie said...

I'd never leave home if I had a yard like yours! Oreo has the right idea.

Chewy is so cute with his funny teeth :) He's such a social butterfly, too. Lola lost most of her teeth playing tug - the dog version of teeth being pulled with a handkerchief, I think!