Monday, July 25, 2011

misty monday~land's end & fairy houses

Here we are at Land's End, Bailey Island, Maine.

Misty was in her astronaut jacket.  Both dogs attracted a lot of attention outside the gift shop.  Oreo hid under the bench, while Misty allowed people to give her some lovin'.

We also hiked the cliff trail in Harpwell. The trail was pretty much uphill for ten miles (OK, maybe it was only 1 mile), and the cliff is actually 150 feet above the water. 

Before we reached the summit there was a sign saying "Big drop off, put dogs on leash!"   They weren't kidding.  What a spectacular view.  Unfortunately, our camera's memory card went kaplooey, so all the photos we took on the top of the mountain were ruined.  Major bummer. I would've loved to have that photo of Misty way up high.

We did get to take some photos of the fairy houses nestled in the woods though.  Here is Misty looking for the fairies.  (Click on the links to see and learn more about the fairy village).

16 comments:

Rob said...

Hi Sara I think the fairy village would be a nice place to visit for children especially. 1 mile up hill always does seem like 10!

Priscilla said...

Such a beautiful place to visit with the dogs!! What a bummer that we can't see any pictures from the cliff!!
I bet Misty had fun looking for fairies :)

Diana said...

To bad about the camera. Its looks beautiful!

Dawn said...

The picture of Misty way up high will always be in your memory though. She looked like she was one happy girl!

Lassiter Chase and T said...

I like Misty's great big smile in the photo of her wearing the jacket. She looks like she was having a great time.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

I love that photo of you with Misty and Oreo! Maine looks like such an awesome place to go with dogs!

houndstooth said...

Oh, the fairy houses are so cute! What a fun article about them!

Your trip looks like it was idyllic. Was her jacket to keep her cool?

Sara said...

Yes, its a cooling coat.

Kathy said...

What a neat place, serious bummer about the camera ;-).

Bailey said...

Misty was a good friend to Oreo and I can see Oreo growing into that position for Chewy.

madcobug said...

Great photos! Helen

♥I am Holly♥ said...

What beautiful photos and memories!! The fairy houses are interesting and I bet Misty found many of them! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

Helen said...

I love Maine, especially Acadia National Park and Bar Harbour. My first sheltie, Duffy loved all the attention. Gryffon, like Oreo, probably hid under benches. Misty sure looks like she enjoyed it.

betty said...

Sorry guys, no room at the Fairy
Inn for two big dogs like Misty and Oreo. I bet the Fairies would have enjoyed a ride on their backs. Sort of like the cat bus in the animated film Totoro. Misty Memories are magical.

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

what wonderful memories!

oreo reminds me of our Dakota. Whenever my husband takes him for a walk to the park, he prefers to sit UNDER a park bench rather than walking, or sitting on TOP of the bench!

It is lovely that you have such wonderful memories of Misty and do this tribute to her every Monday. I just love it.

I also not only LOVE the fairy houses, I STILL BELIEVE in fairies!

:)

Lisa said...

hi Sara, your picture with those lovely dogs looks very nice. I also like the place.

Lisa from Learn Bass Guitar Online