Saturday, July 2, 2011

distance learning

In case anyone is interested, or in need of a Chewy fix....here is our first video for our distance learning puppy class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUg769GOcao


There are a few other things we are working on for the class, but they don't appear in the video.

It is so awesome getting feedback from Silvia. She's such a master shaper. She notices things I never would have, like how Chewy was picking up his front foot when I was trying to get him not to obsess over the food in my hand. She told me to click for that foot movement.

I'll have to post an Oreo video soon. I feel like the poor dog is getting the shaft on this blog.  Not to worry, Oreo still gets his fair share of training time. He's working on some new level 2 rally moves.

13 comments:

Diana said...

Very neat. Wow, Chewy is learning a lot . What a smart puppy.

Dawn said...

Chewey is adorable! As usual. Quick learner? Or did you edit out hours of him NOT doing what you wanted? LOL

Sara said...

Not hours, but a couple sessions. He learns pretty quick.

Helen said...

That's so cool. I guess I'll have to do shaping with my next pup.

Anonymous said...

Do you remember when Chewy didn't like those treats? It wasn't that long ago but I guess he learned to like them a lot, a whole lot. MOM

Bailey said...

It is helpful to have another pair of eyes to look at the situation.

I can't imagine you could ignore Oreo.

Kathy said...

I just LOVE Sylvias class and her feedback, I learned so much going through puppy and am super excited to be starting the next class now! I am trying to get our graduation video finished, but boy it seems like a big project.

houndstooth said...

It sounds like both boys are having pretty good success with training right now! I love their enthusiasm!

Sophie said...

That looks like pretty awesome stuff! I really shouldn't think about teaching Lola some new stuff for a while though, trying to teach her some distance and duration on what she already knows - as well as working on impulse control, reactivity, general manners, etc! Puppies are hard work, aren't they? :)

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

you must be a professional trainer!! I am in complete awe!! Wonderful!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

I love your new header!! It is so pretty!!! What a great video! Chewy is so smart and you are a very great trainer!! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

Just Ramblin' said...

Talk about thinking outside the box! lol. Very smart puppy. : )

Marie said...

I didn't realize you were doing Silvia's puppy class! How fun! I was just telling my husband today how much I have enjoyed it.

I am still working on Dare's graduation video, and since I'm really slow at doing videos, it's taking forever.

It looks like Chewy is doing so well already. One of the things Kathy and I both noticed was how quickly the young puppies caught onto the tricks. It's so cool. :-)