Thursday, July 7, 2011

disc work

I try and get Chewy up on our balance disc a few times a week.  He's been on our peanut as well, but he's so enthusiastic, I don't trust him not to try flying off the thing.  With the disc, he can get up on it without help, and I'm trying to encourage safe dismounts.

Here's  a clip from a recent session. I'm not doing much of the typical "ball work", because Chewy gets too excited if I start luring him this way and that. I figure he's getting a bit of the benefit from merely being on the disc. Plus, he is getting used to things moving under him, for future wobble board/teeter work.

http://vimeo.com/26073826

13 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

he's doing fantastic! what a confident boy!

Bailey said...

He is such a confident pup.

Berts Blog said...

For those of us who are not training for agility, your videos are incredibly helpful in just basic stuff. I love them. They get My Vickie working more with me and trying new things.

On behalf of us dogs.

Thanks so much and keep up the videos

Bert

Helen said...

OMG, he's so confident.

Kathy said...

Chewy is so young and yet....getting such a great foundation on so many things, lucky little pup!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Chewy is just getting better by the day!! He is so smart!! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

houndstooth said...

He doesn't suffer from lack of confidence! What a cutie!

Sophie said...

Chewy is just so adorable on the balance disc! I really have to get one for Lola; the gym ball helps build her confidence, but it's a lot harder than the flatter disc for her to stay on it!

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

I love how someone described Chewy as "confident" OMG is he EVER!!!!

He has a natural swagger about him that I love. This was great!

I also love the black spot on his tail lol

Dawn said...

He's all legs, and certainly a FOODIE! :)

Just Ramblin' said...

Such a smart cutie! For some reason he reminds me of a little fox...smart and cute!

Reilly / Bree said...

Not only is he growing fast - he is learning fast too ! Way to go Chewy

Anonymous said...

Rihtaš mal? Rihthaš?